Formatting My Computer...

Default Formatting My Computer...

I was thinking about doing a factory restore on my dell xps1645, i have it too cluttered and just really want to start fresh. The only thing stopping me right now is the thought that i may have problems reinstalling Traktor or any other DJ/Producer software i have. Not only that, im afraid of all my beatgridded music and Mixed in Key'd music will have to be gridded and keyed again. Does anyone know if music stays beatgridded and keyed regardless if i do the restore? of course i would move it to my external hdd, and then move it back to my laptop. Also, is there anything i need to know about regarding the reinstall of Traktor 2, and my other NI VST's? thanks!

Tech Guru

As far as just re-installing Traktor, I saved all my license #'s found in Service center. Then I know there are only a few files you need, but I didnt remember which ones, so what I did was save all Native Instruments folders (documents/Native Instruments, Program files/Native Instruments, Program files/common files/Native Instruments, Program files (x86)/common files/Native Instruments). Then I did a re-install of all my Traktor programs (you can download the demo for Traktor 2 from NI's site and then activate, but the older programs like Traktor 3 and Traktor Pro you need an Install disk). Evrything was there after that. Obviously save your music folders and what not too.

I'm in the same boat, but I bought scratch 2 duo, and paid for the upgrade to pro2, will that carry over when I reinstall everything?
    2 x gemini PT 1000 . Gemini PS-525 . X1
    NI Audio 6 . Traktor Scratch pro 2
    2007 Macbook Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by The Mighty FV View Post
    manners don't cost a thing dude - never forget that, it'll help you in all walks of life.

Tech Guru

My Traktor Scratch Pro 2 S4 upgrade did, so I fully expect yours would too.

Still need question answered. thanks.

Tech Guru

Quote Originally Posted by YoshiExcel View Post
    I was thinking about doing a factory restore on my dell xps1645, i have it too cluttered and just really want to start fresh. The only thing stopping me right now is the thought that i may have problems reinstalling Traktor or any other DJ/Producer software i have. Not only that, im afraid of all my beatgridded music and Mixed in Key'd music will have to be gridded and keyed again. Does anyone know if music stays beatgridded and keyed regardless if i do the restore? of course i would move it to my external hdd, and then move it back to my laptop. Also, is there anything i need to know about regarding the reinstall of Traktor 2, and my other NI VST's? thanks!
    Key tags are embedded in the music file so all of those should be fine on the transfer.

As for your Track Collection, you will export it (which will include all the grids and BPMs--basically all the Traktor metadata) to a file, then re-import it after you've re-installed your OS and Traktor. One tip, select all in your Track Collection, right click, Enable BPM Lock... Also, you might want to use the BIG EXPORT BUTTON to save all of your Preferences.

I think you also need your 'Stripes' and 'Transient' folders in the main Traktor folder too. So it might be best to copy these and paste them into a folder on your external HDD, then paste over the new ones on the fresh install of Traktor.

So when you fire up your new version of Traktor, set your music folders up in your Preferences, import your Track Collection file, do a 'Check Consistency' of your Track Collection.

Cool?

EDIT: oops, you'll need more than that! Check out this post.

http://forum.djtechtools.com/showthr...l=1#post139706
    Last edited by ToOntown; 03-27-2012 at 02:31 PM. Reason: clarity

Thanks for that mate! i'll check that out.

Tech Mentor

Yes, as Toontown said, make sure you EXPORT your tracks. This will save all the embedded data, making it easy to transfer it onto a new install.

Tech Guru

Quote Originally Posted by YoshiExcel View Post
    Thanks for that mate! i'll check that out.
    No problem buddy. Good luck!