Help about EDMs
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Help about EDMs

Tech Convert

Default Help about EDMs

I am in highschool and bought a Traktor s2 as my first controller. I have been DJing all of our highschool house parties especially now that its Spring Break. I recently got an offer to do an underground rave because of how i always lean to EDM style music when i play. I have never played for a rave and i am not sure what to expect. I have a midi fighter in the mail also. Any tips?

Rock that joint!

1. Play EDM
    2. Disregard females
    3. Squire currency
    4. ??????
    5. Profit

My personal opinion, you are 15, "underground rave" s are probably not a good place for a minor to be.

Unless underground means your parents basement. Then, I wish you luck.
    2 x gemini PT 1000 . Gemini PS-525 . X1
    NI Audio 6 . Traktor Scratch pro 2
    2007 Macbook Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by The Mighty FV View Post
    manners don't cost a thing dude - never forget that, it'll help you in all walks of life.

don't sweat it, its just a over sized house party? or are you actually booked as in djing for money?

either way.... if they came to you, you must be doing something right at those house parties and they wanted you. just do the same you have been doing

Something about your story tells me that your "Underground Rave" isn't actually an underground rave. If you're playing EDM to high-school kids, some Electro House should do you well, throw in some top 40 remixes, some Skrillex and add wubwubs to taste.
    iŽll quote you in 5 years and we both will have a good laugh while we are at this awsome dj battle on mars trying to finally beat the damned 1000 armed alien squid "dj squid master". his routines are sick!

Being a NRG/Psytrance DJ, I do plenty of Raves. There is absolutley nothing to sweat as long as you are responsible.

1. Find out what equipment is being used to host the Rave, and know if your controller/laptop is compatable with the resident setup.
    2. Practice your set in dim lighting, Raves are dark and rarley do you get proper lighting.
    3. Promote the s**t out of your event for the best possible turnout.
    4. Do not take any drugs or alcohol until after you have finished your performance.
    5. Take lots of pictures.
    6. Bring plenty of friends, but do not bring your GF or a date.
    7. HAVE FUN!!!!!!!!!!!!

Tech Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by AudioOutlaw View Post
    Being a NRG/Psytrance DJ, I do plenty of Raves. There is absolutley nothing to sweat as long as you are responsible.

1. Find out what equipment is being used to host the Rave, and know if your controller/laptop is compatable with the resident setup.
    2. Practice your set in dim lighting, Raves are dark and rarley do you get proper lighting.
    3. Promote the s**t out of your event for the best possible turnout.
    4. Do not take any drugs or alcohol until after you have finished your performance.
    5. Take lots of pictures.
    6. Bring plenty of friends, but do not bring your GF or a date.
    7. HAVE FUN!!!!!!!!!!!!
    just curious about tip 6, I was hired to do my prom after party. Some rich kid is throwing it in a penthouse, but yeah how important is the not bringing your date or gf .

please don't call it a rave.. just creates an even more presence of suspicion towards the use of drugs.

It's a party.
    step 1. Practice practice and practice till you see wavelengths and cue points in your sleep.
    step 2. Tell everybody and tell them its gonna be "ze bestest partttay of da year!" Project x style!
    step 3. don't drink the champagne, just spray it on hot chicks when you drop it into "levels"
    step 4. repeat steps 1-3
    step 5. don't bring that one friend who always gets really drunk, leave him at home.
    step 6. Get 2 hot sluts to dance on stage during your set.
    step 7. beatmash till you throw up. b*tches love their sh*t mashed.
    step 8. have fun dude.
    Beatslicing for the bitches

Make sure you know what kind of EDM the crowd are there for
    DJTT Nu Disco Mix Train Vol 1
    beats and balearic bobs in north-west london
    iTunes podcast
    soundcloud

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast