Traktor Pro Crashed 6 Times in 1 Gig (How To Improve Stability)
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Traktor Pro Crashed 6 Times in 1 Gig (How To Improve Stability)

Hey yall,

Just trying to put on a good show to a capacity crowd. To my dismay and embarrassment Traktor Pro was behaving horribly. Each time it would freeze/lock up and I would have to restart the computer.

After the sixth crash Traktor Pro worked fine for some reason and there were no more problems for the last two hours.

So the question is: What can I do to increase the stability of Traktor so it does not crash anymore??

I'm sure Ean and Richie don't have to stress over if their Traktor will crash over and over again in front of a huge crowd.

I'm using Traktor 1.1.1 in Windows XP with a VCI100SE

Tech Mentor

Noticed you are running a windows lappy have you tweaked the OS ?? turned off your wireless, bluetooth ect ?

Tech Guru

I would read on the forum faq regarding preventing a crash or stability, and make sure to disable your wireless, etc. Check that you have enough ram left while traktor is running, if not drop the buffer size for each deck in tpro. Also if not you can kill other processes that are unnecesary in windows.
    FIX8:OSCill8
    My Rig: Macbook 13" (2.16ghz 4gb crucial ram), VCI-100 custom paint, Korg Nanopad, Axiom 25, DJIO

my biggest stability issue was that the soundcard cable kept falling out with a slight nudge, causing a freeze and restart as you described. firewire cables/ports can be dodgy... could this be your particular problem?
    Quote Originally Posted by dripstep View Post
    Kaon, none of that has to do with drum and bass.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaon View Post
    my biggest stability issue was that the soundcard cable kept falling out with a slight nudge, causing a freeze and restart as you described. firewire cables/ports can be dodgy... could this be your particular problem?
    I think this is part of the problem because I have a firewire to mini-firewire adapter and then my mini-firewire port is not very secure.

Know any tricks to make the connection more stable?

Quote Originally Posted by R2D2 View Post
    Noticed you are running a windows lappy have you tweaked the OS ?? turned off your wireless, bluetooth ect ?
    What kinda OS tweaks do you mean?

Quote Originally Posted by mpetersen3 View Post
    I would read on the forum faq regarding preventing a crash or stability, and make sure to disable your wireless, etc. Check that you have enough ram left while traktor is running, if not drop the buffer size for each deck in tpro. Also if not you can kill other processes that are unnecesary in windows.
    How do I know if I have enough RAM left while traktor is running?

I'm running:

Windows XP Ultimate Edition by Johnny
    Service Pack 3
    Intel Pentium M 1.60GHz
    798MHz, 1.99 GB RAM

Quote Originally Posted by ceezo66 View Post
    I think this is part of the problem because I have a firewire to mini-firewire adapter and then my mini-firewire port is not very secure.

Know any tricks to make the connection more stable?

You want something like this - just make sure you get one with a texas insturments chipset it in and you will be fine

Quote Originally Posted by BentoSan View Post

You want something like this - just make sure you get one with a texas insturments chipset it in and you will be fine
    THanks so much! Are there any particular ones that stand out from the crowd? (Link plz)

(how about this one?) http://rainrecording.com/1-877-MIX-R...=16242&cat=289

Know if there are any that would work at a lower price tag?? I only need one slot too since I only use firewire to connect to my audiofire 4.

This one is the best - http://rainrecording.com/1-877-MIX-R...=16242&cat=289

Dont take notice to the price though if you look around the net i am sure you will find it much much cheaper than that.

Edit: We havent actually tested this one but it is highly recommended (Presonus recommend this card in particular for instance) - if i can get one cheap enough in Australia ill test it out.
    Last edited by BentoSan; 05-04-2009 at 04:01 AM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast