Skrillex goin CDJ? - Page 4
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Yeah i've never understood the skrillex hate, but I do realize everything in the world is hated by someone and also loved by someone so just enjoy what you enjoy and let everyone else do their thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Invoke View Post
    cdjs or not his mixing is still pretty fucking dodgy. I'll admit his track selection is solid and he can work a crowd, but he still has a long way to go before I even consider watching one of his sets. other than that his music is ok. a bit too cheesy, but im not really into dubstep step so w/e.

ohh and by the way that mother ship is amazing

also anyone else notice that maybe a year or 2 ago Rusko was the guy getting all this hate, but now the hate is all on skrill
    I just feel that a DJ's job is to rock a crowd.

Quote Originally Posted by dominant View Post
    He was on CDJ's when I saw him at future a couple weeks ago as well. Was a fucking great show.

O and if were talking about DJ's who don't do anything I saw something interesting while swedish house mafia were playing. It was only on the big screen for a second so I can't be 100% sure but I believe that one of the CDJ's was paused and the other three weren't doing anything.... while the music was playing...
    Oh well, it was still a great show and I would see them again.
    seeing SHM means you missed Porter Robinson... epic fail cause his set was amazing
    Why did the elephant get lost... Cause the Jungle is MASSIVE!

Tech Convert

yo is he using a 900 or a djm 2000? the setup looks to wide to be a 900

Tech Student

Watch and you will see him alternating between two CDJs and mixing. He has definately gotten better and I'm glad he ditched the Trigger Finger and Ableton and went with CDJ's. Haters gonna hate but the guy is a fucking brilliant producer and a not bad DJ. He knows what the crowd wants and he gives it to them. I've seen him live 3 times and havent been disappointed once.

As someone who's seen him live 9 times now (usually at front row watching the guy mix), I can put in some non-BS..

Firstly, skrillex doesn't use a prerecorded set. He fucks up enough times to prove its live. Not to mention you can physically see what he's doing, look over his shoulder if you want, and I know he tracks inside out too so I can tell which fx are live.

He has definitely gotten better over the years, before he wasn't live remixing, just gong mad on fx and doing the odd sample triggering. Last time I saw him his set was unbelievable. Better than anything I've ever seen a CDJ DJ do. So I hope the trend of him using CDJs isn't permanent. I saw his first CDJ set since the older days, and yes, he sucked at it. But you know what? Noone cared, they were there to see skrillex, get fucked, and hear some new tracks and some old classics. He used them cause his laptop died again and he didn't want to cancel (what a top guy), and I imagine he is currently using them now for some of the follwing reasons:

Laptop instability, and if you getting paids thousands to play, best play safe if it's a huge crowd.
    Practise so that he can always perform, even if laptop dies
    less to carry when on a hectic tour schedule
    Simplicity, less stress

Trust me, he couldn't give two fucks what a few haters think about his beat matching ability. Producing skrillex tracks takes an awful lot more skill than beatmatching

The cold hard fact with most big live performances, is that they are just general press play and add effects ( and dance hehe)
    Like deadmau5 said in his article about pressing play, it has to be in time with the visuals. I dunno, what would you prefer, great live mixing, or a decent prepared mix with sweet visuals?

He's not using prerecorded mixes. He's played B2B with Caspa before. I don't know why people care anyway, it's not as if all these fucking American 'EDM' heroes are anything to go by.

Go and watch videos of Andy C mixing for fuck sake. Get educated.
    Pioneer DJM 700 / Traktor Kontrol X1 / 2 x Technics SL1200MK5 / Traktor Scratch Pro 2.6.7 / Ortofon Concorde Nightclub MK1
    Audio 8 DJ / Sennheiser HD 25-1 II / Magma Traveler / IsoAcoustics ISO-L8R155 / KRK RP6 G2 / Vinyl

Noobs gravedigging again... I don't understand the logic of creating an account on a forum to post in a thread that has been dead for eight months, or how they even find these long dead threads to revive to begin with.
    Last edited by Xonetacular; 11-30-2012 at 02:03 PM.

This is why the search function is dangerous sometimes.... Search: Skrillex, Skrilla, Skrillarilla.... $kriLL3x.
    Plus this subject is very relevant to our communities current status.
    The MUSIC is what matters!
    Everything else is _________

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast