reccomend me some lighter dubstep

Default reccomend me some lighter dubstep

im looking for some reccomendations for dubstep thats more melodic and also some stuff in the ragga flavor. Im looking for stuff that would be like the opposite of excision or anything heavy like that. im not into cotti either as far as reggae style things go. im looking for nice use of vocal samples and singing samples vs actual singer based stuff. hip hop based samples are cool too... ive heard some sweet mob deep samples in some songs that i really liked. less electro sounding is good ....it can be old stuff or new its all good.
    Traktor/Ableton /Komplete /MBP OSX el capitan

http://www.soundcloud.com/deejaesnafu

Joy Orbison's "Hyph Mngo" is the first thing that comes to mind. Can't think of many other songs off the top of my head, though. If you don't like Cotti then I got nothin'

EDIT: Thelem's stuff is worth a listen as well. If you're into the really sub-bass-y stuff I recommend the best monitors you can get-like the guy below me said, they'll help a lot!
    Last edited by Major Major; 03-27-2012 at 09:15 PM.
    Kontrol S2, Maschine Mikro, Equator D5s

Tech Mentor

Check out phaeleh, his drum programming is sick in all of his songs. Just found him, and I noticed that many argue as to whether or not to call it dubstep however, all said and done he's got some of its key elements. Just make sure you've got some good speakers or headphones for that sub none of the mid-range main stream bass.. Some good tracks: think about it, lounge, memories, in the twilight, nocturne... just go from there.
    mk128, maschine, oxygen25, firewire 410, ableton suite 8

Blackmill might be what you're looking for?
    BCF 2000
    Traktor Pro 2
    Kontrol X1

Tech Guru

Well, first, define what you want, soft modern dubstep, or just older dubstep that is soft by nature?

but either way. One word. Kromestar.

WARNING: do not listen to these through your computer speakers, or you will be underwhelmed like the rest of the modern dubstep crowd (Not that I have anything against modern dubstep!)
    If you like these, let me know and I can suggest some more! My dubstep library has gotten pretty expansive.
    Last edited by Sn0wday; 03-27-2012 at 10:36 PM.

Tech Mentor

Two of my personal favorites: