Unsure of updating to TP2...

Default Unsure of updating to TP2...

Hey guys. I've got a couple quick questions I'm hoping someone can answer for me. I've had the Traktor Pro 2 update for quite sometime now and have been unsure of whether or not to update to it. I've refrained from it this whole time because I'm worried that it'll gimme problems.

I've gotten so comfortable with Traktor Pro and my VCI-100SE that I'm nervous to change things up. I'm scared that my laptop will just gimme some kind of shit or the controller mapping won't work correctly or something - as I still see plenty of people talking about mapping issues.

Traktor Pro 2 is a "side-by-side install" with Traktor Pro... correct? Does this mean that I'll be able to access both programs on my laptop - or will Traktor 2 replace the old version?

Also, when I install Traktor Pro 2 - will my playlists and my track collection automatically transfer over and be in the new program just like it's in the Traktor Pro that I'm running right now?
    MAKE SMILES
    ACER Aspire 5755 | TP 2 | MIXED IN KEY | S4 mk2 | LPD8 | MDR-V700 | ODYSSEY L STAND
    SOUNDCLOUD | FACEBOOK| TWITTER

Export your tracklist because I believe it overwrites the old version, but do it. Pro 2 is much better imo. I went from scratch 2 duo to scratch pro 2 and won't look back
    2 x gemini PT 1000 . Gemini PS-525 . X1
    NI Audio 6 . Traktor Scratch pro 2
    2007 Macbook Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by The Mighty FV View Post
    manners don't cost a thing dude - never forget that, it'll help you in all walks of life.

Tech Wizard

funny cause I have been wondering the same thing.
    thanks for the help.

So it does overwrite the older version but doesn't transfer over the collection?
    MAKE SMILES
    ACER Aspire 5755 | TP 2 | MIXED IN KEY | S4 mk2 | LPD8 | MDR-V700 | ODYSSEY L STAND

DJTT Moderator bloke Karlos Santos's Avatar

No No No No .

Traktor Pro 2 does not touch Traktor Pro. "side by side" means exactly that, they sit side by side, there is no over-writing of anything.
    It copies the directory and leaves TP1 intact so that you can use it as you did before. The 2 applications are wholly separate and independent.

Of course, it's recommended to backup your Traktor folders before 'any' update and not doing so is punishable by death !!!

+1 on what Karlos said, I recently went from TP to TP2 and TP2 installation didn't mess with the TP data.
    www.maxdfunk.com

Gear: S4 mk2, bass guitar, disco ball.

hey

if yuor really concerned make an image of your hard drive (some good free software options out there) and copy it to an external drive. This means if it does all go pear shaped you just boot to a recovery CD and copy the image back to your hard drive and its as if its never happened :-)

k

Thanks everyone for your replies!!!

I was actually just gonna send you a message Karlos, and then checked back here!

One last question. When I right click Track Collection, select Export Collection, the new window pops up... if I have Copy Tracks To Destination checked off when I click OK - it will make a copy of each track as an mp3 and put them in the same place? Orrr... (Sorry if these are ignorant questions, I'm rubbish at explaining my thoughts some times - lol)
    MAKE SMILES