KRK 6 G2 Monitors in my flat

Default KRK 6 G2 Monitors in my flat

Hey guys,

I just got a set of KRK 6's to use with my cdjs and 1210's. The only problem is that my neighbors below me love to complain about noise. I use to have a set of cheap logitech speakers (with a sub), and until i got it all set up okay, (sub down, and a pillow under the sub), the neighbors were complaining constantly. It's a classic case of neighbors complaining that the bass is shaking there floor.

I've got them set up on my dj table, but i feel like even with some padding under each KRK, they are still causing vibrations for the neighbors. (I haven't had a complaint yet, but would like to avoid it if possible.)

As most of your already know there is no nob on the back of these monitors to turn the bass down, so i was thinking getting some monitor stands would help isolate the bass from shaking the floor. Will spending around £100 on some decent monitor stands significantly reduce the krks from shaking the floor?

Any recommendations on monitor stands, or an alternative way to keep the neighbors happy, while having my krks at a decent volume?
    CDJ 2000s + DJM 2000

Check out my Mixes : Soundcloud

The KRKs are not that bass heavy without a sub and honestly the more expensive logitechs with a sub pump out a lot more bass. Just get some cheap monitor isolation pads if you are really worried but if having 6" monitors on a table is disturbing your neighbors I don't really think much you do will help.

Monitor stands are normally designed to have a stable solid footing on the floor, not to isolate. I doubt they'll stop bass from travelling through the floor. Best option is just padding underneath.
    TSP 2 | Serato DJ | Live 8 | MBP (SSD + HDD) | AIAIA TMA-1 Fool's Gold Edition | 1200 Mk2s | MidiFighter | KRK RP5
    Xone: DB4 | Pioneer CDJ-2000 Nexus
    DJTT FAQ | Read my guide to AUDIO CABLES

You might have bass knobs on your mixer or DJ software that can turn down the bass; try using those if it's an issue. And just keep the overall volume down, that will help too. But without a sub you're not really putting that much bass into the floor anyway. I suppose another option is to downgrade to the KRK 5s....
    "Art is what you can get away with." - Marshall McLuhan

Tech Mentor

i got the auralex pads and they cut out almost all vibration

Quote Originally Posted by no_rex4u View Post
    i got the auralex pads and they cut out almost all vibration
    yeah, seriously

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Auralex-MOPA...item43ae320254

I'f you still have vibrations from the noise afterwards, i think some bass traps could help. Otherwise, i'd look into getting a small pa mixer to run your master signal through, then just eq the bass to a more neighbor-friendly level

Tech Wizard

34 bucks for foam...damn...or am I missing something?
    2 x Technics 1200 mk2 | 2 x Pioneer CDJ-850 | Pioneer DJM-600 | Serato Scratch Live 1 | Pioneer HDJ-500 W |

Tech Mentor

you get 4 pieces of foam (2 per speaker) and 4 more pieces that act as extra foam/angle the speakers.
    i got my rp2's and the foam for $200 brand new on CL