My little rant!
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: My little rant!

Tech Wizard

Default My little rant!

i posted this earlier today at the serato forum....!

12:52 PM 28 March 2012
    I too have a XONE: DX, but regretfully, i am not so kind with my words towards serato itch...and i have a new mission to spread the news about this horrible software and ALL 1,000,000,000 of its short comings and pitfalls!

1) for anyone who wants to expand their creativity in terms of LIVE PERFORMANCE...this controller AND THIS SHIT software IS NOT for you!!! DONT WASTE YOUR MONEY! EVEN IF IT SEEMS LIKE A GREAT DEAL OF 499$, RIP OFFF!!!!
    2) IT IS NOT A MIXER! IT IS A MIDI CONTROLLER THAT COSTS 1500$ MSRP...WTF IS THAT!??!?!
    3) ITCH 2.0 DOES NOT HAVE midi clock out, DOES NOT HAVE MIDI MAPPING, DOES NOT HAVE speed/pitch faders, AND the cue buttons and FX are FUKKING SHIT!!!
    4) if screen real estate is valuable to you, YOU WILL RUN WITH 4 DECKS AT ALL TIMES!!!!
    FUCKING ANNOYING!!!!
    5) I WILL POST ON THIS FORUM, DJTT, FB and my twitter EVERY FUKKING DAY TILL I SELL MY POS XONE DX!!!

and this is just the tip of the ice berg!!!!!

P.S. TO ALL YOU FUKKIN HATERS!!! FUCK YOU TOO! my 2 cents!

also, if somebody "important" see's my little rant! DO SUMTHING ABOUT IT!!!
    the SOLE purpose of this rant IS TO STIR THE POT and get ppl ANGRY!!!! LETS GET SERATO TO GIVE ITCH USERS WHAT THEY FUCKING DESERVE!!!
    I AM FUKKIN PISSED OFF!!! so i am gona let sum steam out...hopefully stir the pot and get a good conversation started! my opinion, but this software is fukkin shit, SO! instead of taking it [U][IN THE ASS!/U], i am gona try and do sumthing about it! like #5 says, i will be "bitching", yes!, i am on my a"MANRAG" right now.... and fukking kickin n' screaming and just see wtf just happens....my hopes! get other people on board and get SERATO to give us a better fukkin product! POWER TO DA PPL!!

Cool story bro.

Pro tip: people care more if you don't make yourself sound like a ranting moron by putting everything in capitals.
    TSP 2 | Serato DJ | Live 8 | MBP (SSD + HDD) | AIAIA TMA-1 Fool's Gold Edition | 1200 Mk2s | MidiFighter | KRK RP5
    Xone: DB4 | Pioneer CDJ-2000 Nexus
    DJTT FAQ | Read my guide to AUDIO CABLES

Tech Wizard

thnx for da input, but i talk loud and WRITE LOUD!!! SO EAT A DICK!!!!

I <3 HATERS

Great, but you're just going to get banned if you carry on. Grow up a bit, get a different controller if you don't like the DX.
    TSP 2 | Serato DJ | Live 8 | MBP (SSD + HDD) | AIAIA TMA-1 Fool's Gold Edition | 1200 Mk2s | MidiFighter | KRK RP5
    Xone: DB4 | Pioneer CDJ-2000 Nexus
    DJTT FAQ | Read my guide to AUDIO CABLES

Quote Originally Posted by fullenglishpint View Post
    Great, but you're just going to get banned if you carry on. Grow up a bit, get a different controller if you don't like the DX.
    Owned.

Seriously though....we can all bash out naughty swear words for attention - if you don't like something, change it - thats the beauty of life.
    13" Macbook Pro i7/8gb/750gb :: Traktor S4 + F1 + Pro 2 :: Allen & Heath DB4 :: Allen & Heath K2 :: Midi Fighter Classic :: Midi Fighter Pro (BM) :: Midi Fighter 3D :: Pioneer RMX1000 :: DJM800 :: 2 xCDJ1000mk3 :: Beats Pro + Beats Studio

And anyone with half a brain could find out about all 4 of the shortcomings (yes thats 4 not 1,000,000,000) before spunking 1500 bucks on a controller!! Did you believe them when someone told you sera to would get you all the bitches?!?!

You are an asset to this forum. Great contribution.
    MacBook Pro, HD25's, Midi-Fighter Classic, Pioneer DDJ-RX , Rekordbox

Tech Mentor

The FX piss me off the most. I really hate the effects in itch. They really are a joke.

The itch business model is that improvements are done whenever new hardware is released. So you have to pick very carefully about which controller to buy, lest you end up with a shit controller with shit supported software features.

For instance, people with numark v7's, they can't do anything with serato video.
    Or the earlier controllers with no FX controls at all lol.

In my opinion the only good itch controllers are the twitch, the ns6 and the vci-380. I don't think there is enough information about that in the wild. Leading to people to make bad purchasing decisions.

God forbid you do five minutes of research before dropping $1500 on something.
    I blow stuff up

I just don't understand...

Normally people do informed research before dropping any appreciable amount of money on something they plan to use often. Does the DX have shortcomings? In some respects yes, but I think people forget that it is a specialized device made for a software platform. The DX hardware is no different than A&H's other large scale midi controllers, except that it can't be used as an external mixer.

I would venture a guess that 99/100 people's reactions to you on forums has been the same. But I guess all it takes is one other moron to agree with you to justify your nonsensical bs.

Here's another protip.

If most people think you're an idiot, it's likely not because they are 'haters', rather it's because you are actually an idiot.
    Last edited by geminimech; 04-02-2012 at 03:28 PM. Reason: Cleaned up the language.
    Cheers!
    | 13" rMBP | KORG ZERO4 | NOVATION TWITCH | 2 X CDJ-200 | KONTROL X1 |

Nice rant but way to look simple. Itch is good at what it does I use the ns6 and have a great traktor map to use but there's a few things I haven't got banged out so I almost always use itch with t ns6.

I have no issues with itch effects are meh but so many djs pollute tracks with effects. Filters aren't too bad but have to be careful with them.

Honestly I'm going to agree with a previous poster that had you accutally looked into itch prior to spending money on a Itch "controller" you would know these things. Can't you map your dx to traktor? Or are you just bitching about lack of mapping because every other "universal" dj app supports generic midi mapping? And have no real desire to map it as it sounds like this or else you'd be using it with traktor?

Tl;dr don't be a cunt and bitch about stuff you should of looked into and if you don't like it return to vendor as you should of noticed all these things in the first 30seconds of use. Or did you make a impulse buy on eBay which I suspect since you call it a 450$ waste but then complain about a 1500$ worthless midi controller?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast