If you're in the market for studio monitors, look at this thread! - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Once again, show me a HiFi amp and speakers that provide 80dB SPL of clean audio that's readily available for less than $300, and I'll admit there's no reason so many bedroom DJs on DJF, DJTT, etc. have KRKs.

The last time I tried to use a HiFi amp for anything, the amp blew trying to keep up with my KRKs. Apart from the fact that they had a sub, my RP5s (that I was using as booth monitors) sounded better.

Quote Originally Posted by mostapha View Post
    Once again, show me a HiFi amp and speakers that provide 80dB SPL of clean audio that's readily available for less than $300, and I'll admit there's no reason so many bedroom DJs on DJF, DJTT, etc. have KRKs.

The last time I tried to use a HiFi amp for anything, the amp blew trying to keep up with my KRKs. Apart from the fact that they had a sub, my RP5s (that I was using as booth monitors) sounded better.
    well i donīt turn my amp up way to loud. itīs enough to have a decent sound in my bedroom. 80dB in my room? my neighbors would kill me
    i have a pioneer amp A-203 and 2 pioneer CS-3070 monitors. i bought them in 2002 and all in all i payed 200€.
    I'm just a girl, standing in front of a boy, asking him to love her.

Neither shows up in google shopping, so I'll assume they were used.

KRK RP5s show up used for 100USD/pair…which is about 75 EUR. Apples to Apples, KRK makes some of the best bookshelf speakers on the planet. Everything I've heard that comes close, costs about the same. And none of it is traditional hifi gear.

And, no, I don't play mine that loud either. But, I've also never heard a hifi system that didn't sound like crap unless someone spent some serious money on it…even at low volumes.

I keep having this argument with a friend, until I just brought my speakers to his house and compared them to his audio engines. KRKs go lower, can be louder, and don't break up at what I consider normal movie volumes in a large living room. His do.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12