The Dj List..... Legit? ? ?

Default The Dj List..... Legit? ? ?

Hey guys so recently I came across a site called the Dj list, and I was wondering if it's legit or just some marketing ploy to make money from us DJ's.

I was looking at their DJ top 100, and it looks almost identical to DJ Mag's top 100.

So is this site for real, can DJ's really count, and trust on the rankings? I mean is it a credible, respected, and acknowledged site like DJ mag top 100?

I've seen their rankings and some people are ranked up in the 1000's...

So what are your thoughts?

Link to site: >>>>> http://thedjlist.com/
    2013 MBPr 13" | X1 mk2 | TSP 2 | A6 | DJM 900 nexus | HD 25 UBER Aluminum's | Technics sl1210 mk2's | Logic Pro 9

there is also this one right here. looks way better than thedjlist but who cares about rankings?

http://topdeejays.com/
    I'm just a girl, standing in front of a boy, asking him to love her.

Yeah I get what you saying, was just curious about the site.

I've seen that there are Dj's from my country who are big locally but not on the list at all..
    2013 MBPr 13" | X1 mk2 | TSP 2 | A6 | DJM 900 nexus | HD 25 UBER Aluminum's | Technics sl1210 mk2's | Logic Pro 9

being big locally doesn't really mean anything anymore - as local fanbases, although earn you bookings around your own city, don't count for jack outside of it as said fanbase doesn't travel. Its all about ensuring you have enough content to attract fanbase from other cites and countries so demand for you increases and bookings come in.
    13" Macbook Pro i7/8gb/750gb :: Traktor S4 + F1 + Pro 2 :: Allen & Heath DB4 :: Allen & Heath K2 :: Midi Fighter Classic :: Midi Fighter Pro (BM) :: Midi Fighter 3D :: Pioneer RMX1000 :: DJM800 :: 2 xCDJ1000mk3 :: Beats Pro + Beats Studio

Quote Originally Posted by Ed Paris View Post
    there is also this one right here. looks way better than thedjlist but who cares about rankings?

http://topdeejays.com/

The guys that run that have been spamming DJ/EDM forums all over the internet with that shit.

I'm a bit confused as to the point of it all. We have charts for films, music and books too but it doesn't stop most of them being shit to anybody with subjective tastes in stuff
    DJTT Nu Disco Mix Train Vol 1
    beats and balearic bobs in north-west london
    iTunes podcast
    soundcloud

both site have me listed in the Hard Dance/Hardcore area. I think its more of how popular your are than acutal skills.

heck look at this...
    http://topdeejays.com/dj-jesc/ #4 in the USA for Hard Dance
    Controllerist: Think different | SoundCloud | MixCloud | Twitter |

Tech Wizard

This stuff always pisses me off.. especially coming from a turntablism background... FIRST of all these guys are all PRODUCERS for fuck sakes, their "dj" skills have nothing to do with this list.

Quote Originally Posted by SourOne View Post
    This stuff always pisses me off.. especially coming from a turntablism background... FIRST of all these guys are all PRODUCERS for fuck sakes, their "dj" skills have nothing to do with this list.
    Yeah thats very true. Most of the "top" DJ's are firstly producers who have made a name for themselves in the music industry.

These lists have also got more to do with public popularity than DJ skills IMO.

There was a top 100 done (could have been here) where facebook, twitter, and a few other sites were tabulated based on fans or followers, and the ranking came out very different for some, and bang on for others. If I find it I willk edit this post. Unless someone finds it first
    2 x gemini PT 1000 . Gemini PS-525 . X1
    NI Audio 6 . Traktor Scratch pro 2
    2007 Macbook Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by The Mighty FV View Post
    manners don't cost a thing dude - never forget that, it'll help you in all walks of life.