Thinking of switching from a S4 to VCI-400, some questions
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Thinking of switching from a S4 to VCI-400, some questions

Looking at the videos out for the VCI-400 and actually getting my hands on one at the Toronto DJ Show (it wasnt hooked up for some reason) and having a friend of mine trying to buy my S4, I'm thinking of switching to the 400 EGE.

Couple of questions for those who have one and using it with a mac:
    1) what the the best latency setting you can get with a mac?
    2) with the EGE model can you customize all the midi controls as with the regular 400? Do you have the options as using it like the regular 400 with the upgraded firmware?
    3) how are you liking your 400? pros? cons?

I would make the switch in no time if it had booth out and of course there is a firmware upgrade to using two channels as a stand alone mixer which I love.

thx!
    ::: mixing music that feeds the soul ::: iTunes | House-mixes.com | Mixcloud
    "If the music you're listening to doesn't give you goosebumps, you're listening to the wrong genre."

1) i run my normal vci at about 10ms
    2) the EGE is still a normal midi controller, so yes you can customize it. DJTT is planning on releasing the EGE firmware for normal vci users to upgrade their device..
    3) i really like the controller, havent played too much with it, cause i'm still waiting for this fw release
    Setup: TP 3, Kontrol S5, MF Twister, MF3D, MF Classic, DIY-Midifighter, Aiaiai Tma-1
    soundcloud
    facebook
    formerly know as weltraumpapst

sweet! I'm thinking of ECE because of the color and knobs but gonna hang in till the firmware is upgradable to use as a stand alone mixer and see how ppl like it. Hope it comes out soon my friend is buggin me to sell him my S4.
    "If the music you're listening to doesn't give you goosebumps, you're listening to the wrong genre."

Tech Mentor

I actually sold my S4 because of it's lack of midi-mapping options without loosing it's main pro: it's tight integration with traktor. With the VCI-400 EGE, you can map to any software along with it's awesome mapping and thanks to that: I can run it along with Ableton live and still have all the options to change the pad and jogwheel modes.

As for how I like it? It looks great, feels great, great soundcard, insane mapping, and being able to route it's audio to ableton plus mapping it alongside with Traktor: It's by far the best controller Iv'e ever bought.

So do the right thing and sell your S4! and buy an VCI-400 EGE before they run out of stock!
    VCI-400 EGE / Sennheiser HD-25-1 II / MF3D / iPad 2 running Lemur / Audio 6 DJ

Another questions (most likely more to come!!) Can you customize how the buttons light up? I know with the S4 some crazy cool setup were done with the lighting of the buttons.

Also a long shot here but is there more colors to choose from for the light buttons I noticed in some videos the buttons light up green yellow and red. Also with ppl using Ableton the lights were moving to the beat on the sample pads.

thx again

Quote Originally Posted by groovemixer View Post
    Another questions (most likely more to come!!) Can you customize how the buttons light up? I know with the S4 some crazy cool setup were done with the lighting of the buttons.

Also a long shot here but is there more colors to choose from for the light buttons I noticed in some videos the buttons light up green yellow and red. Also with ppl using Ableton the lights were moving to the beat on the sample pads.

thx again
    Since this is a midi controller all that can be accomplished through custom mapping. How to do that I personally do not know. It is possible though.

Quote Originally Posted by Lilja View Post
    I actually sold my S4 because of it's lack of midi-mapping options without loosing it's main pro: it's tight integration with traktor. With the VCI-400 EGE, you can map to any software along with it's awesome mapping and thanks to that: I can run it along with Ableton live and still have all the options to change the pad and jogwheel modes.

As for how I like it? It looks great, feels great, great soundcard, insane mapping, and being able to route it's audio to ableton plus mapping it alongside with Traktor: It's by far the best controller Iv'e ever bought.

So do the right thing and sell your S4! and buy an VCI-400 EGE before they run out of stock!
    How is the headphone volume and quality of the 400 compared to the S4??? I find the S4 is not as good in volume and sound quality as my EVO5.

Also does the EGE come with the usb cable or do I gotta get that separately?
    I would like to get blue chroma caps for the gain knobs but dont see an option to buy them for the 400, can i just use any vestax knobs listed??

Im ready to buy once these questions are answered!!! Thanks!!!

Tech Mentor

I haven't put much thought in the headphone volume compared with the S4, but it does sound great

The EGE comes with a USB cable (not DJTT one) and you can replace the black chroma caps with any other color from the chroma cap range which you have to buy seperatly (gonna replace my black FX knobs with Blue ones that are on it's way!)
    VCI-400 EGE / Sennheiser HD-25-1 II / MF3D / iPad 2 running Lemur / Audio 6 DJ

Sweet! thx!! Placing my order now!!!! Humm might get blue ones for the FX also.....

Ok, i saw the statement above that, when you want to remap the S4 you lose the tight integration with Traktor (the nice feeling jogs). By buying an VCI400, are you not doing the same? The jogs are a bit rubbish arent they when compared to something like the s4?

MMM
    M I S T E R M O L E Y M O L E
    part of the digital revolution

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast