Traktor Scratch Certified (What does it mean now)... - Page 6
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456
    DJTT Infectious Moderator photojojo's Avatar

Illegal or not we encourage people to follow the EULA here and any talk of how to breach that contract or constant encouragement to use a cracked version will cause a thread to be closed. Talk of the ethics of breaching the contract will not cause a thread to be closed until that talk turns into a pissing match.
    Chris Jennings FHP

Podcast - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Beatport Charts - x

Quote Originally Posted by keeb View Post
    I mean... I don't see setting up an extra soundcard as that big of a deal. It'd be cool to be able to use whatever card (like the one in the DB4 say...) but at the same time, I'll trade a bit of flexibility for faster development, stability, and peace of mind when it comes to DJ software.
    Hi there,
    so can anybody please confirm and explain how I can still use TSP with timecode if I go ahead and buy the 4Trak that I really like the look of? I've already got TSP2 and an Audio 4, but if I'm running all the audio through that, then will I just be using the 4Trak as a standalone mixer and miss out on all of the midi control? (Also, before you ask, I realise I prob. won't want to use both vinyl and jogwheels in the long run, but I'm stuck in that transition phase where I like the look of controllerism but can't bear to part with my turntables.) Thanks.

Tech Mentor

I have a 4Trak, and I feel I got exactly what I paid for. Numark doesn't advertise it as being Scratch certified, and while it would be a nice to have feature, I don't see how it's even practical - the 4Trak is well big enough as it is, without a pair of 1200s to the sides.

LarrySpins, you could do what you describe - use the Audio4 as the audio device and the 4Trak as the MIDI device. Almost all of the mixer controls send MIDI, the exception being the headphone section (ie. headphone mix, volume, split cue) and master/booth level controls. If you're content with 2 decks, you could set up channel strips A&B to control Traktor, then route the master and cue outs from the Audio4 into C&D respectively and use them as analogue channels, so you get all the normal cueing and output stuff working. A bit of a mess, but it should work.

Well you're right, that does sound a bit messy and I can't say I'm not a bit disappointed. And I still can't help thinking of it as a limitation of the 4Trak. Think I'll still be getting it anyway!

Quote Originally Posted by Xonetacular View Post
    Scratch certification is different than it was a few years ago. NI will never ever scratch certify another controller. And these days the only way a mixer has a chance at getting certified is to be made by pioneer.
    Go Here.
    Scroll down and you'll see at least six non-Pioneer mixers that a Scratch Certified.
    --------------------------------------------------
    2023 14" MacBook Pro M2 Max 32 GB (OS Ventura 13.5.1), Rekordbox, Technics SL-1210GRs,
    DJM-A9, DDJ-XP2, Sennheiser Acoustick.

Quote Originally Posted by dj subculture View Post
    Go Here.
    Scroll down and you'll see at least six non-Pioneer mixers that a Scratch Certified.
    And all of them certified prior to 2010. I would be extremely surprised to see a non-Pioneer mixer get certified unless there are drastic changes in NI's current outlook (which I would welcome, btw).
    "Art is what you can get away with." - Marshall McLuhan

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456