My loft setup - Page 23
Page 23 of 25 FirstFirst ... 1319202122232425 LastLast

Thread: My loft setup

I just need to know one thing...

when's the next party?
    (that room is MAAADDD inviting)
    Great job.
    - Unreall

Ryan, do you feel any sound quality improvement now that Rane is in instead of DJM900?
    Denon X600 - 2x Denon SC-2000 - AKG K181DJ - NI Audio 2

DJTT #1 setup pimp 2012

Quote Originally Posted by SlayForMoney View Post
    Ryan, do you feel any sound quality improvement now that Rane is in instead of DJM900?
    I would say yes. When playing a straight track through the mixer on my KRK monitors, I can't say that the difference is hugely noticeable.

When I took the 2015 to the local club I play at, I had several people commented that they thought it sounded much better than the usual Pioneer they have, and I would have to agree - the monitors in the booth definitely were clearer, without the general shrill the DJM had.

Where things are MUCH better (for my style of mixing at least), is the gain structure and how the mixer blends. It's so smooth to mix on this mixer, even more so than on the MP2016 I had before. Tracks just seamlessly blend together (well, after you beatmatch, key match, and have good track selection).

The filters sound amazing. And unlike the DJM filters (which have crazy in your face resonance), you can turn the resonance down on these and use them as mix aids. Or, turn up the resonance for that great filter sound effect.

The isolator is also fantastic. The adjustable cutoffs mean you can use it almost like another filter.

And of course there is the output: The MP2015 has a massive amount of output!

Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Ruel View Post
    When I took the 2015 to the local club I play at, I had several people commented that they thought it sounded much better than the usual Pioneer they have, and I would have to agree - the monitors in the booth definitely were clearer, without the general shrill the DJM had.
    Thanks for the info, it's good to know the price reflects the SQ
    But, I'm always skeptical of people's opinions with this - confirmation bias is always possible if they were aware another mixer is in the booth.
    Denon X600 - 2x Denon SC-2000 - AKG K181DJ - NI Audio 2

DJTT #1 setup pimp 2012

Made some recent changes... I'm trying out the Kontrol D2's, my CDJ-2000 Nexus's have been sold. So far the Kontrol D2's are working out really well. If I continue to enjoy them I don't see myself buying new CDJ's. At home, I just use them in HID mode anyway, so it's a tremendous waste of functionality to just use them with Traktor.

I still have the 1200's to get my beatmatch and manual mixing fix, and can do all the new fancy stems stuff using the D2's!

Slick!!
    APC80:STR8-100's+Ortofon Concorde Scratch\Electro:ButterRugz:TSP2-NI Audio4DJ:Xone22+Innofader:MacBook Pro 15"
    www.soundcloud.com/djsarasin
    www.youtube.com/adriansarasin

That does it! This year I'm getting my finger out of my arse and sorting my DJ setup properly. This is easily one of the best rigs I've seen, must be heaven to play on. Nice addition of the D2's, I'm on Traktor myself and I keep thinking about including at least one of them.
    Live rig: Denon Prime (5000M's)
    Retired: Denon x1700, Denon SC3900's, Traktor, Technics SL1200's, my vinyl
    Wish list: Some Roland Aira stuff.

Tech Convert

I love it. It looks like a club. Do you have friends over and throw parties with a club environment?

That's heaven dude.. Fucking awesome.
    Reloop RMX 40 BPM ( bae ) ; 2 x CDJ 800 mk1 ; Traktor Kontrol X1 ; Traktor Kontrol F1 ; AKAI MPK mini MK2 ; M audio Axiom 61 mk2.
    Genre : Dark techno , Dub techno , industrial , Experimental , Music.
    Soundcloud : https://soundcloud.com/choch1

Tech Wizard

One of the best I have ever seen !