Check out the new Traktor family... - Page 2
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

• The Audio 6 and Audio 10 will no longer be sold as stand alone sound cards.
    • The Audio 6 and Audio 10 will only be sold as packages – complete Traktor Scratch systems with DVS

Well this is total fail... It makes sense when serato does it because it is a hardware dongle, but now you have to pay the overpriced amount for the soundcards whether you already own software or not- and some people want the soundcards to use with regular traktor pro. Looks like I may need to grab a cheap audio 6 while they are still stocked.

Tech Guru

I think NI has made the right moves, as long as they don't go to a dongle approach (like Serato) i'll be happy. The dongle approach is the worst idea ever. I can't tell you how many times i've been hanging out at school or in a coffee shop with nothing but Traktor and my keyboard and i've come up with great stuff, If I had to plug in the soundcard everytime I wanted to try out something i'd be pissed.

Tech Guru

I have tsp2 that i upgraded on my audio 8, got scratch duo two that came with a6, got traktor 2 that came with xi, wanted to buy 2 f1s. thats means i have 5 copies of traktor pro this is rediculous. I think there should be a discount for tsp and tp owners on additional hardware

The dongle approach keeps your software from being pirated though, so it certainly has its pros as well.
    Cheers!
    | 13" rMBP | KORG ZERO4 | NOVATION TWITCH | 2 X CDJ-200 | KONTROL X1 |

Quote Originally Posted by geminimech View Post
    The dongle approach keeps your software from being pirated though, so it certainly has its pros as well.
    The dongle approach just hurts the consumer. A better approach to piracy is reasonably priced software and good frequent updates which seems like they are doing and have been doing and by bundling it with hardware. Not many people pirate traktor already because of this and certainly no one who seriously DJs or not even interested entry level bedroom DJs- there is no reason to slap a dongle on and screw everything up.

The only people who pirate traktor now are people who maybe want to try it out and are not at all serious about DJing who wouldn't buy the software anyway.

Yeah, you're probably right. It would certainly be nice to have the freedom of implementing hardware of my choosing for Itch setups without having to use a third party hack, or having the option of using the software without lugging hardware around. The offline player is available, but there have certainly been times when I was predominantly using Traktor where I have been at work during a quiet moment and fired it up to try some things, or see how some unorthodox tracks would mix, an option I do not have with Itch.
    Cheers!
    | 13" rMBP | KORG ZERO4 | NOVATION TWITCH | 2 X CDJ-200 | KONTROL X1 |

I'm sure it's a marketing gimmick to flood the community with extra copies. Soon enough people are going to just be giving the copies away, which of course NI wants. With their growing popularity and controller line, it makes sense. Imagine that 1,000 TP2 owners buy a F1- free advertising, NI makes money, and the end user gets shafted. That's usually how it works out right? We'll complain, their market will have grown, then they may offer a way to buy it without the package.

I am just hoping with NI cleaning up shop, that they are just making room for some new hardware products. With their recent track record you think they might have something up their sleeve... Just my .02
    The MUSIC is what matters!
    Everything else is _________

Being a TSP2 owner, so i get a free upgrade to TSP2.5?
    M I S T E R M O L E Y M O L E
    part of the digital revolution

Yeah
    DJTT Nu Disco Mix Train Vol 1
    beats and balearic bobs in north-west london
    iTunes podcast
    soundcloud

^Like
    M I S T E R M O L E Y M O L E
    part of the digital revolution

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast