Check out the new Traktor family... - Page 3
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

There are definitely going to be a ton of licenses floating around soon. I have my originally purchased one, an unregistered LE one that I can only assume will generate me a Pro 2 license, and the one I will receive when I purchase another X1.

What the hell am I going to do with 3 licenses!
    Cheers!
    | 13" rMBP | KORG ZERO4 | NOVATION TWITCH | 2 X CDJ-200 | KONTROL X1 |

Pretty sure nothing. I read that you can only register one traktor pro 2 license to an account at a time so wouldn't be able to transfer them unless you sold the license you have first then bought new hardware and got a new license.

Quote Originally Posted by Xonetacular View Post
    The dongle approach just hurts the consumer. A better approach to piracy is reasonably priced software and good frequent updates which seems like they are doing and have been doing and by bundling it with hardware. Not many people pirate traktor already because of this and certainly no one who seriously DJs or not even interested entry level bedroom DJs- there is no reason to slap a dongle on and screw everything up.

The only people who pirate traktor now are people who maybe want to try it out and are not at all serious about DJing who wouldn't buy the software anyway.
    Are you kidding? Or have you just never really played out with Traktor? With Serato, all you bring is an SLx (or your controller with Itch), a flash drive, and any computing device within a half mile radius can become a full Serato platform in a matter of minutes. With Traktor, you get the Service Centre, and a licensing system so strict that if you don't bring your laptop with you everywhere, you're essentially helpless. And I'm not even going to go into how an offline mode would improve Traktor exponentially. Single license keys are really a pain in the ass.

Also, licensing and Native's inherent position as a hardware and software manufacturer is the core reason there's no Advanced HID support in Traktor. Native needs to sell hardware, and advanced HID bypasses that with Traktors current licensing model. There's no really economical way to implement Advanced HID as it is.

I'm not sure what you are getting at there shishdisma. You think SSL is better because you don't have to input your personal product key when you install your DJ software...? You'd rather carry about an SL box everywhere then go to the Ni website once?
    The xwax Thread! - The minimal open source DVS for Linux!
    Reddit's /r/DJs! - Another great DJ community!

judging by xone's post you can't have a backup... that's pretty lame.. I have VDJ installed on 2 gig machines, no dongle, no service centre... everything (tracks, cues, plugins) automatically syncs with a third party app when they are networked. I have never had to use it but it's nice to have the insurance in case something goes wrong..

I think the point shishdisma was making is valid, if his main computer goes down he can plug the serato soundcard into a backup and be up and running instantly, The other thing with traktor is if you do have a backup you will need to shell out cash twice when 3.0 rolls up...

Also this being the premier controlleristix forum you should shun turn key locked software and encourage the use of adaptable software solutions.
    Why did the elephant get lost... Cause the Jungle is MASSIVE!

Well, your example suggests the people don't bring their own machines with the software installed if they use SSL/Itch. How many people do you think actually do this? If you have Traktor on your machine, you can mix tracks together (albeit in a very limited fashion, but you CAN nonetheless) anywhere as you have full use of the software sans a full blown interface/controller setup. You don't have this option with Itch, and I believe that's what Xone, rdej47, and I guess myself were attempting to highlight.
    Cheers!

Tech Guru

So if I buy a scratch upgrade for the s4, what is going to happen?

Will it be like b4?

Will I get the free upgrade to 2.5? Not that I really care about the upgrade to be honest, unless if the beatgridding has 'improved'

Quote Originally Posted by synthet1c View Post
    judging by xone's post you can't have a backup... that's pretty lame.. I have VDJ installed on 2 gig machines, no dongle, no service centre... everything (tracks, cues, plugins) automatically syncs with a third party app when they are networked. I have never had to use it but it's nice to have the insurance in case something goes wrong..

I think the point shishdisma was making is valid, if his main computer goes down he can plug the serato soundcard into a backup and be up and running instantly, The other thing with traktor is if you do have a backup you will need to shell out cash twice when 3.0 rolls up...

Also this being the premier controlleristix forum you should shun turn key locked software and encourage the use of adaptable software solutions.
    Okay, if this is what was meant, then I can buy that.
    Cheers!

synthet1c, you can install traktor on multiple machines, just like SSL
    The xwax Thread! - The minimal open source DVS for Linux!
    Reddit's /r/DJs! - Another great DJ community!

you can't have a backup
    you can have a backup

you will need to shell out cash twice when 3.0 rolls up...
    no you won't

Quote Originally Posted by Rukks View Post
    Not that I really care about the upgrade to be honest, unless if the beatgridding has 'improved'
    the beatgridding has 'improved'
    DJTT Nu Disco Mix Train Vol 1
    beats and balearic bobs in north-west london
    iTunes podcast
    soundcloud

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast