Audio Kontrol 1 for scratch pro 2?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Tech Guru

Default Audio Kontrol 1 for scratch pro 2?

I have read through the manual and never used a DVS system before so I am wondering if I could use a stand alone mixer with 2 turntables in mono and use my audio kontrol 1.

http://www.native-instruments.com/fi...al_English.pdf

Page 1-19 explains using a mixer a bit but just wondering about connecting tables.

Would I lose much from using mono?

To use TSP2 you'll need either a Traktor Audio 4, 6, 8 or 10, or a Traktor Certified mixer. Other sound cards won't translate the timecode signal to Traktor.
    iŽll quote you in 5 years and we both will have a good laugh while we are at this awsome dj battle on mars trying to finally beat the damned 1000 armed alien squid "dj squid master". his routines are sick!

audio kontrol 1 won't work with scratch

Tech Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Xonetacular View Post
    audio kontrol 1 won't work with scratch
    \

Good to know...but depressing.

I wasn't really ever planning to use scratch with it but its depressing that a soundcard from one company won't work with software from that same company....even if it had to be a jank solution like being in mono it still should be available.

Its like apple saying....all items will sync in the cloud except for the ipod shuffle because it only holds X GBs of data.

I'm honestly scared to purchase anything from NI right now due to all these facts they released today. I feel like I'm going to purchase a product and be left high and dry in 30 days.

This is coming from someone who bought an X1, maschine, s4, audio kontrol 1, and now apparently another soundcard.

All this complication without being able to do much customization really makes serato appealing, and now pretty much the same price/cheaper if I bought a certified mixer.

Quote Originally Posted by Rukks View Post
    its depressing that a soundcard from one company won't work with software from that same company...
    I'm sorry, but the Audio Kontrol 1 is more of a producer's soundcard, not a DJ's soundcard. It has inputs for mic and instruments, but not for record decks (so it is suitable for non-scratch digital DJing).

2 technical reasons why is won't work in Traktor:

- single stereo input. The Traktor timecode is in stereo. Traktor (and every other DVS system AFAIK) needs to know the phasing between the channels to work. This is how it is able to decode the needle position with extremely low latency. It won't work with a mono source.

- no RIAA phono preamp. Your record won't be amplified properly. These means normal vinyl will sound awful (as well as mono) and Traktor won't get the timecode signal (that it can't decode in mono) at the right volume.

Your soundcard hasn't (never has, never will have) the right bits in it to be 'Traktor scratch certified', nor has it every been advertised as such.
    Last edited by lethal_pizzle; 04-02-2012 at 05:05 PM.
    DJTT Nu Disco Mix Train Vol 1
    beats and balearic bobs in north-west london
    iTunes podcast
    soundcloud

Tech Guru

Alright, I had different impressions...my bad.

Still really confused on what I should do as far as upgrades, I feel like all the new traktor sales and products are good new customers but for existing customers looking to get into the DVS game are left out, but I may be confused still.

If you've got the S4, then the certified scratch upgrade for that would do the trick.
    DJTT Nu Disco Mix Train Vol 1
    beats and balearic bobs in north-west london
    iTunes podcast
    soundcloud

I have a kontrol 1 and tested it with a timecode signal. It does work, but only for one deck since you need stereo input for timecode.
    - Equipment - 2X Technics 1200, 2X Audio Technica ATLP1240, 2X XDJ700, 2X XDJ1000 MK2, Denon DNX-1100, Mixars DUO, DJM750 MK2, NI Audio 10, NI Aduio 4, Serato SL3, 4X Shure M44-7, 2X Ortofon Pro S, 2X Numark Groove Tool, Maschine MK3, Samson Carbon 49, Roland SE-02, Novation Launchcontrol, TouchOSC, Nocation Peak, Arturia MiniBrute, Korg Volca Kick, MicroKorg (Classic), NI Komplete Audio 6

Tech Mentor

i dont think i understand how NI left you high and dry, the kontrol 1 was never sold as being a TSP product.

you can use the soundcard for traktor on another mixer and use outputs 1/2 for one channel and 3/4 as another channel. but if you want to hook it up with some turntables or use with cdjs. no.

you can use the cdjs if you use HID mode though.

this probably confused you more than anything.
    Technics 1210 / Pioneer plx 1000 / Xone 42 / Adam a3x / UA apollo twin / Maschine mikro / Ableton live 9 / Maschine 2 / MBP Retina, 15-inch, Mid 2015

Topic from 2012..... bastet you necrobumping bastard
    Denon X600 - 2x Denon SC-2000 - AKG K181DJ - NI Audio 2

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast