why so many midi fighters? - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by karma View Post
    I'm considering buying the midi fighter classic so i can bash out cue points. The buttons on the s4 aren't really made for crabbing etc.
    Look into an Akai LPD8 then. The pads really good and responsive plus you have a handful of knobs as well. Compared to the MF it's a good deal for the money

Quote Originally Posted by JasonBay View Post
    Look into an Akai LPD8 then. The pads really good and responsive plus you have a handful of knobs as well. Compared to the MF it's a good deal for the money
    the lpd8 is another good choice but i don't think as good for cue points as a MF and nothing close to being as solidly built. it is a bargain tho, lpd8's are stupidly cheap.
    11mba / 13mbp / tsp2 / live9 / audio10 / 2x reloop rp7000gold / 2x xdj1000 / 2x d2
    maschine mk2 / x1 mk2 / z1 / f1 / midifighter / lpd8 / 2x launchpad / launchkontrol xl
    Quote Originally Posted by derschaich
    "wohoo, i'm touched, turn on the FX"

I think the pads are just as responsive as any arcade button out there (Used to play Tekken competitively and build my own controllers when I was younger). Maybe grid layout is a personal preference, but that has nothing to do with performance.

u have to bash the lpd8 a lot more than a midi fighter, but u can adjust the sensitivity by adding some tape underneath or something. the mf arcade buttons don't take much pressure at all to engage. ofc if u want 16 buttons/pads then u need two lpd8's and then the price difference isn't so much. i paid 38quid for my lpd8 new and 130 for my mf 2nd hand, but it came with a bunch of extras. they're both decent controllers anyway, which is why i have both.
    11mba / 13mbp / tsp2 / live9 / audio10 / 2x reloop rp7000gold / 2x xdj1000 / 2x d2
    maschine mk2 / x1 mk2 / z1 / f1 / midifighter / lpd8 / 2x launchpad / launchkontrol xl
    Quote Originally Posted by derschaich
    "wohoo, i'm touched, turn on the FX"

Then maybe I got a good LPD8 or something because it doesn't take much pressure to engage. Just a simple tap much like an arcade button.

(Used to play Tekken competitively and build my own controllers when I was younger)
    sorry for the OT but - you can play tekken competitively and build your own controllers?!

badman ting!

Ha! Yeah man, used to go across the US for tournaments and locally as well. Was paying my bills for a bit too when I graduated High School and didn't want to join the workforce yet.

Ha! Yeah man, used to go across the US for tournaments and locally as well. Was paying my bills for a bit too when I graduated High School and didn't want to join the workforce yet.
    sick.

I can vouch that they are pretty sucky for traktor cue points. Wish I wouldve kept my MF , awesome peice of kit
    Dell Inspiron 15r,4 gig ram,720HDDSerato Itch,Pioneer DDJTS1,Pioneer HDJ500
    Ableton Suite ,Akai Apc40,Akai LPD8,LPK25,NI Audio 2
    The Echo Reflex(T.E.RF)http://www.mixcloud.com/TERF/

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12