why so many midi fighters?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default why so many midi fighters?

Hello,

I was looking into purchasing a midi fighter or pro and starting looking here only to realize SO many people are selling them --- is this just a coincidence or is there something wrong with them that people dont want to hold onto them?

DJTT Infectious Moderator photojojo's Avatar

Moved to general so that all the answers won't be from people selling for whatever reason.
    Chris Jennings FHP

Podcast - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Beatport Charts - x

Quote Originally Posted by QUANCE View Post
    Hello,

I was looking into purchasing a midi fighter or pro and starting looking here only to realize SO many people are selling them --- is this just a coincidence or is there something wrong with them that people dont want to hold onto them?
    probably cause they cannot incorporate it in their workflow like they wanted.. i cannot imagine djing without.. it would work of course, but wouldnt be half the fun
    Setup: TP 3, Kontrol S5, MF Twister, MF3D, MF Classic, DIY-Midifighter, Aiaiai Tma-1
    soundcloud
    facebook
    formerly know as weltraumpapst

Gimmicks imo

^
    As with much of the dj equipment in this world, people see someone do something cool with a certain tool and thinks
    "hey, I wanna do that too".. and after a while many people realize they can't do it or want to spend the time to learn and they don't use it, then they feel its a waste its just lyin around when its such an awesome equipment so they sell it.

However, i'm not letting go of my midifighter even though I dont always use it, its my precious.
    And if you like cue-juggling/mashing there is not a better tool than the midifighter.
    But if you just like to simple mix with no advanced stuff this might not be a item for you.

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by M.Beijer View Post
    ^
    As with much of the dj equipment in this world, people see someone do something cool with a certain tool and thinks
    "hey, I wanna do that too".. and after a while many people realize they can't do it or want to spend the time to learn and they don't use it, then they feel its a waste its just lyin around when its such an awesome equipment so they sell it.

However, i'm not letting go of my midifighter even though I dont always use it, its my precious.
    And if you like cue-juggling/mashing there is not a better tool than the midifighter.
    But if you just like to simple mix with no advanced stuff this might not be a item for you.
    Good point.

I'm considering buying the midi fighter classic so i can bash out cue points. The buttons on the s4 aren't really made for crabbing etc.

it's an awesome bit of kit, i certainly wouldn't sell mine. complements almost any other controller setup really well i reckon, which is why i think the mf classic is probably better than the mf pro version. plus it just looks so cool! quite an iconic little device...
    11mba / 13mbp / tsp2 / live9 / audio10 / 2x reloop rp7000gold / 2x xdj1000 / 2x d2
    maschine mk2 / x1 mk2 / z1 / f1 / midifighter / lpd8 / 2x launchpad / launchkontrol xl
    Quote Originally Posted by derschaich
    "wohoo, i'm touched, turn on the FX"

Quote Originally Posted by weltraumpapst View Post
    probably cause they cannot incorporate it in their workflow like they wanted.. i cannot imagine djing without.. it would work of course, but wouldnt be half the fun
    Could not agree more. I take my S4 + MF Pro to gigs, and ... long story short I used to have a regular MF, didn't think I used it as much as I actually did or how well it fit into my work flow and then I sold it... literally a week later I missed it so much I picked up a PRO.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast