I am thinking about buying a kontrol x1 but wondering if....

Default I am thinking about buying a kontrol x1 but wondering if....

I haven't been keeping up with the new controllers... I really want something to control traktor with while i mix with my time code and rane ttm 56.. effects, some cue points or whatever... the kontrol x1 looks nice, but is there a better alternative at this point?
    2 x Technics 1210 M5g / Rane TTM 56 / Rokit krk 8's and 10s / Lenovo 15" i7 4gb / Oxygen 8v2 / HDJ-2000 / TSP2 Audio 10

Tech Guru

You have the exact same setup I have, and I have an X1. It is perfect in my opinion. Small footprint and perfect control of Traktor functions I use. Cue points, browsing, and effects. I use the default mapping and it is great. I would recommend it if you are using DVS.

djproben - "But who can resist an album called "the Gay 90s"! I assumed it was going to be a lot of Moby and Keoki...."

good lookin, thanks man
    2 x Technics 1210 M5g / Rane TTM 56 / Rokit krk 8's and 10s / Lenovo 15" i7 4gb / Oxygen 8v2 / HDJ-2000 / TSP2 Audio 10

Quote Originally Posted by djlotus View Post
    You have the exact same setup I have, and I have an X1. It is perfect in my opinion. Small footprint and perfect control of Traktor functions I use. Cue points, browsing, and effects. I use the default mapping and it is great. I would recommend it if you are using DVS.
    Same here. They're pretty easy to find used online for a good price too. I paid $100 shipped.

I'd also take a look at the allen & heath K2 or lemur, lemur is by far the cheapest if you already happen to have the hardware and is more flexible.

Even with 100 new controllers coming out every other month the X1 is still a really great traktor controller and one of the best if not the best for what you are looking for.

The K2 looks good too but I'll have to get my hands on one and see first. With an X1 you have the benefit of it just working out of the box and being completely plug and play with a solid default mapping and you can plug an X1 into anyone's computer with a traktor setup and it will just work without installing extra drivers or loading midi maps- this can be handy if you have friends who DJ. And if using anyone else's setup with an X1 it is straightforward and you know how to work it. There are also small benefits like if you have two you can swap around the layout of what decks appear on which part of the X1 with a button in the settings panel and go from A+B and C+D, A+C and B+D, A+B and C+D (native sample deck map), etc. all without midi mapping anything.

It's those things which are holding me back from switching to K2s just because I like A&H gear and think xlink is cool.

The X1 is pretty freaking cool for that. I'd seriously consider using it for SSL and wouldn't hesitate if I was on Traktor Scratch.

Quote Originally Posted by EssBee View Post
    Same here. They're pretty easy to find used online for a good price too. I paid $100 shipped.
    Where????

Tech Wizard

yeah, its probably the best complimentary controller for a DVS known to man. NI got it right with this one. I've used probably half a dozen controllers with Serato or Traktor Scratch and this one was my favorite.
    Twitter
    Soundcloud
    Beatport Tunes
    EOB | In Da Jungle Rec. | IQ Ent. | Plush Rec. | Point 9 Audio | Rotation Deep | Section 8 | SubDepth | UnitOvOne

I recently picked up an x1 for my dvs, and its the best purchase I've made (even over the turntables). If you already have decks and use traktor, do it! You won't regret it. It will drastically change your work flow and make things so much easier and quicker.
    2 x gemini PT 1000 . Gemini PS-525 . X1
    NI Audio 6 . Traktor Scratch pro 2
    2007 Macbook Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by The Mighty FV View Post
    manners don't cost a thing dude - never forget that, it'll help you in all walks of life.