Can I get A stand recommendations for my APC40.
    Tech Convert

Default Can I get A stand recommendations for my APC40.

I've been looking to buy a stand for my Akai APC40, but I cannot find one. I remember when I was looking into buying my APC, I saw a picture in the old "post your set up" thread of a member with a sweet looking stand that he had made, or maybe he bought it from office max, I can't really remember. Anyway if anybody can show me a nice stand, it would be greatly appreciated.

From Ireland Living in Manila: Philippines :D

Quote Originally Posted by mindonaNIMBUS View Post
    I've been looking to buy a stand for my Akai APC40, but I cannot find one. I remember when I was looking into buying my APC, I saw a picture in the old "post your set up" thread of a member with a sweet looking stand that he had made, or maybe he bought it from office max, I can't really remember. Anyway if anybody can show me a nice stand, it would be greatly appreciated.
    I have one of these - took out the fans though, sturdy for home use but its a lil heavy for transporting.

Last gig I was given a music book stand by the sound tech and it was THE best stand I could wish for, think I might get one for home use now - but for heavy button pushing the APC really feels best flat.

I just use a keyboard stand I bought at Guitar Center for twenty bucks. It's a simple "X" stand, unfold it the right distance and the APC fits perfect but for gigs I put a piece of wood on top for a little peace of mind stability-wise.
    "Art is what you can get away with." - Marshall McLuhan

Tech Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by djproben View Post
    I just use a keyboard stand I bought at Guitar Center for twenty bucks. It's a simple "X" stand, unfold it the right distance and the APC fits perfect but for gigs I put a piece of wood on top for a little peace of mind stability-wise.
    Wow this is a great idea. I thought my apc40 was gonna be useless now that I got an s2 and x1, and thus there was no room on my desk for the APC, but this totally changes that. Great suggestion Proben!

Tech Convert

Good ideas, I think i'm going to try the cross keyboard stand.
    thanks for all the replies

From Ireland Living in Manila: Philippines :D

The Music Stand I was using last week

Twas a very solid setup (and I'm not gentle) and around $20-30 bucks as well

*edit* I think this is it:

http://www.google.com/products/catal...wAw#ps-sellers
    Last edited by deevey; 04-06-2012 at 06:22 PM.

Default Live setup

Quote Originally Posted by deevey View Post
    The Music Stand I was using last week

Twas a very solid setup (and I'm not gentle) and around $20-30 bucks as well

*edit* I think this is it:

http://www.google.com/products/catal...wAw#ps-sellers
    Hey man i was checking out your live setup with the dj controller and akai apc40. Looks awesome man. I really wanted to try this but heard the apc40 has all the essentials you need to produce and perform live. How do you integrate both for a live performance? Can you synch them together or do you just switch between both using good timing and fade in/out techniques? I've heard other people saying its pointless having both but i really wanted to give it a try. If you cant already tell i'm fairly new to the game so my questions may seem a little naive ha! Any tips would be most appreciated. Peace