Requiring assistance in upgrading gear
    Tech Mentor

Default Requiring assistance in upgrading gear

So I've been contemplating on purchasing a Behringer DDM4000 and an Audio 2 interface to go along with it. However, I'm not sure if the Audio 2 is the right choice to complement the DDM4000 and this is where I need some clarification.

If I purchase the above products, will I be able to utilize 4 channels in external mixing mode or will it be limited to internal mixing only? Can I run 4 channels internally through Traktor with the audio 2/midi mode with the Behringer?

I wish to be able to use all 4 channels in external mixing mode with traktor and the DDM4000 whilst using my Maschine to control the functions in Traktor. Will I be able to do this with the Traktor Audio 2 interface or will I need a greater sound card? If so, what do you recommend?

I am currently using Maschine + Hercules DJ RMX with Traktor and I feel it is time to move on. I just wouldn't want to make the wrong choice and be left FUBAR. I want to also be prepared for the release of Traktor 2.5 and the implementation of the remix decks, hopefully the DDM4000 and Maschine should suffice once a mapping comes out.

Any help would be appreciated, thanks

DJTT Administrator del Ritmo padi_04's Avatar

A) You need at least an Audio 8 to output 4 stereo channels to your mixer.
    B) Yes, you can do it using the mixer's MIDI and running it internally, but you won't be able to use the mixer's effects.
    C) You should be ok, just get the soundcard for the job.

I would just buy a better soundcard if you want to run 4 stereo outs to the mixer- it would be kind of ridiculous to buy an external mixer just to midi map the controls and not be able to use it like a real mixer and see the meters, use any of the FX, or be able to use the headphone cueing- plus you might not be able to map all the functions and it would be pretty hacked together- you would be much better off just getting a behringer CMD MM-1 if you really wanted to go the midi route.

Technically you could use an audio 2 to run 4 decks/channels but you would need 4 RCA Y adapters and all the channels would all be in mono.

Tech Mentor

Exactly what I was thinking Xonetacular. So would you suggest an Audio 4 or an Audio 6/8 or 10? What is the difference between them?

I would eventually like to acquire CDJs and turntables in the future so I might as well buy the proper sound card first.

If I purchased the Xone K2 would I be able to utilize a 4 channel external mixer?
    Last edited by Bl4ck3n3D; 04-15-2012 at 11:02 PM.

Tech Mentor

??