Traktor Pro with VCI-100 and Remote 25 SL

Talking Traktor Pro with VCI-100 and Remote 25 SL

HI Guys

I am at the end of my knowledge! Ich use a VCI-100 since 2 month with Traktor Pro and all is doing that what i want. Now i have a new Keyboard, the Novation Remote 25 SL. I have seen the Video from eangolden on Youtube "setting up a dj station in a club". How can i use my VCI-100 as usual and only use the Remote 25 SL for the Efekts an Cue Points like eangolden in the Video.

Has anyone there the same setup like me (Remote 25 Sl and VCI-100) and can help me. I am a noob in MIDI! Sorry

Tech Convert

Hi Greg,

Although I've never tried this, you should be able to use both of them. Hook up both your devices to your laptop, and make sure that the 25 SL is set to use a different MIDI channel than the VCI (which typically uses Ch1).

You can have Traktor 'Learn' the new functions you want to use with your 25 SL by adding them to the MIDI mappings in Traktor (if you're unsure about how to use Learn, just take a look at the Traktor manual; it's pretty easy.) Just make sure that as you are mapping the SL's functions, you set the mapping to use the correct channel for the 25 SL device. Hope this helps!

Thumbs up

Thanks for the answer. That means Traktor check it that the Remote 25 SL is on a other Midi Channel than the VCI-100. I will test it on the evening

Hi, I am running the same setup and have set up the Novation to send the same midi commands for cue-point as the vci-100 does.
    This way I can eather use the vci or the novation to play cue-points...

Ok, that is the better way i think! Then i make a new Template for the Remote 25 SL with the TemplateEditor and took the same commands as at the VCI-100 for each Button or fader.

Thanks Guys, i will try it tonight

Ok, i have tried it! Now i have a Problem. When i make a new Template i can name every Fader and button i like. Thatīs easy. But i canīt give a button the midi command "B-4"!! Thatīs the midi command what my Vestax sends for the funktion i want. I tried to write it in the Remote SL Editor to the field "CC". Nothing happens, cant write in that field ;(

Tech Convert

That's why I was suggesting using another MIDI channel. Don't worry, you'll still be able to use your VCI as well as your SL for the same functions, if you choose to do so.

In cases where you'd want to use both devices for the same function, you would simply have 2 rules for the same function: one for the VCI, and another for the SL (using a different channel). Both could use the same notes/commands, but since they are on separate channels, they would not interfere with each other.

midi command B-4 is a note. you have to change control from cc to note. then select B4. this should work.

the way HowGee describes works too!

Thanks, i have done it Now i know how to programm the Controller and also Traktor Pro!! Thanks to all.