[question] For those using the Westone UM2 iem's

Default [question] For those using the Westone UM2 iem's

I just got the Westone UM2 iem's. Perviously I had the M-Audio IE-20 XB's. I loved them. They were made by Ultimate Ear for M-Audio. Unfortunately when I was DJ'ing at Ultra Music Festival I was doing a reunion with my former music partner. He cranked up the headphones without me knowing when I didn't have them in and they sadly became blown... I am however excited to try out my new headphones. I was curious if people were using that extension cable that came with the UM2's because I noticed it has its own volume control. My old IEM's didn't have this option...

I don't have any real "field" experience, but it seems snug enough to not have to worry about it coming unplugged. I leave it out as to not add another variable in cueing volume or at least constantly checking it (could become a bad habit). I do leave it in the little case for general listening purposes.

Congrats and great at job Ultra.
    Last edited by DarioJ; 04-03-2012 at 10:35 PM.
    The MUSIC is what matters!
    Everything else is _________

Thanks bro.

Yeah I normally wouldn't use it for gigs I headline on my own. I was just wondering if I could use it when I tour with old partner for this reunion tour we have coming. I just need it as a safety I guess. If not we are just going to get a headphone amp with 4 channels and separate volume.controls for the channels.

Anyhow thanks.for.the kind words and for your help.

PS: these sound top notch!

Tech Mentor

Lance I don't use the extension but I do have a pair and have to say I love them. The sound quality is so good no matter how loud of a venue your in and I really love how snug they fit into my ears. Hope they work out well for you though!