Beginners advice needed.
    Tech Convert

Default Beginners advice needed.

Hey guy, I'm 17 and I have absolutely no DJ'ing experience.

Recently I've developed a serious interest in DJ'ing and mixing/making my own music and I really like the house/electro stuff especially. What I'm asking is for advice on a first Controller. So far I've nailed it down to either the Vestax typhoon or the Numark Mixtrack Pro. Which of the two is better quality? I'm not looking for anything to technical just yet, just want to 'get my hands dirty' and try out DJ'ing.

I've also been looking at the Novation Launchpad, would this be a good start for making my own music?

Any thoughts and opinions are greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

Don't worry about the launchpad yet if you want to dj, its more for live performance, not so much mixing tracks (although you can do it). Go for the mixtrack pro, its got a soundcard built in, and is a pretty solid unit.
    2 x gemini PT 1000 . Gemini PS-525 . X1
    NI Audio 6 . Traktor Scratch pro 2
    2007 Macbook Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by The Mighty FV View Post
    manners don't cost a thing dude - never forget that, it'll help you in all walks of life.

Tech Wizard

mixtrack pro BY FAR! the built in soundcard is a huge help to have and the vestax typhoon is honestly more of a toy than a piece of kit.
    Numark Mixtrack Pro - Novation Launchpad - VDJ 7 PRO (dont hate I like VDJ) - Ableton suite 8.x.x - Thinkpad 13' Laptop

Quote Originally Posted by PeteWoods View Post
    It shouldnt matter how you make people dance, just as long as you do.
    ...that last bit is completely sig-able if anyone chooses to.

It's important to learn your software inside out before getting a controller. Mousing around is the best way to do this.

There is very little you can do with a controller that you can't do with a mouse/kb shortcuts.
    DJ'ing: 2x1200MK2, DJM 850, Dicers, F1, Zomo MC-1000, Sony MDR-v700, i7 Win 10 HP Envy
    Production: Ableton Live 8 and a mouse, Sennheiser HD400, Sony VAIO

Click HERE to D/L Free Tracks from Soundcloud!!!
    https://www.facebook.com/Patchdj

Tech Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Patch View Post
    It's important to learn your software inside out before getting a controller. Mousing around is the best way to do this.

There is very little you can do with a controller that you can't do with a mouse/kb shortcuts.
    Yes......very little investment/no investment as well, so if u decide it's not for u it wont be a big deal