possibl just to use 1 kontrol f1?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default possibl just to use 1 kontrol f1?

i have heard reports that it is only possible to use 2 kontrol f1's? i am wanting just to use 1 remix deck 1 sample deck and two track decks!

DJTT Infectious Moderator photojojo's Avatar

I'm pretty sure you'll be able to use just one.
    Chris Jennings FHP

Podcast - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Beatport Charts - x

ok thanks, and in traktor how many controllers can be used at once? really appreciated!

Where did you hear that? Bad info man... And as far as I know, you can have unlimited controllers in Traktor, but they must send their MIDI messages on different channels.
    MacBook Pro 13 (Q1 2011) | Adam A5X | Akai APC20 | Alesis QX49 | Behringer BCR2000 | NI Komplete Audio 6

i don't think there's any absolute limit
    11mba / 13mbp / tsp2 / live9 / audio10 / 2x reloop rp7000gold / 2x xdj1000 / 2x d2
    maschine mk2 / x1 mk2 / z1 / f1 / midifighter / lpd8 / 2x launchpad / launchkontrol xl
    Quote Originally Posted by derschaich
    "wohoo, i'm touched, turn on the FX"

Quote Originally Posted by JDFS View Post
    Where did you hear that? Bad info man... And as far as I know, you can have unlimited controllers in Traktor, but they must send their MIDI messages on different channels.
    not true re: different midi channels. you could attach 10 different controllers all using 16 midi channels each with no cross talk or confusion
    11mba / 13mbp / tsp2 / live9 / audio10 / 2x reloop rp7000gold / 2x xdj1000 / 2x d2
    maschine mk2 / x1 mk2 / z1 / f1 / midifighter / lpd8 / 2x launchpad / launchkontrol xl

Yes, that's true. But it's confusing though!
    MacBook Pro 13 (Q1 2011) | Adam A5X | Akai APC20 | Alesis QX49 | Behringer BCR2000 | NI Komplete Audio 6

You can use 1 and just use the shift to change over which deck you want it associated with.
    13" Macbook Pro i7/8gb/750gb :: Traktor S4 + F1 + Pro 2 :: Allen & Heath DB4 :: Allen & Heath K2 :: Midi Fighter Classic :: Midi Fighter Pro (BM) :: Midi Fighter 3D :: Pioneer RMX1000 :: DJM800 :: 2 xCDJ1000mk3 :: Beats Pro + Beats Studio

OP: I think sample decks are being completely replaced with remix decks... So you'd have 2 remix decks and 2 track decks.

been thinking about selling my set up and doing the same thing. Problem I've run into is that they don't have mixer controls or a soundcard, so you'd have to get a soundcard and a mixer/mixer controller. I posted about this, and there seems to be no controller on the market that is a 4 deck mixer controller with a crossfader, and has a built in soundcard... And everyone thought I was nuts for wanting this.

Quote Originally Posted by faderswagger View Post
    Problem I've run into is that they don't have mixer controls or a soundcard, so you'd have to get a soundcard and a mixer/mixer controller. I posted about this, and there seems to be no controller on the market that is a 4 deck mixer controller with a crossfader, and has a built in soundcard... And everyone thought I was nuts for wanting this.
    that's the one thing missing from the K2 that i would have liked it to have. less of an issue maybe when running more than 2 decks but i'd still like a xfader for decks a+b and then just use line faders for the remix decks on c+d. wouldn't take much to build your own mini controller with a single fader on tho to add to the K2. just use a gamepad as the brain.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast