What should ı do ? Advices please...

Default What should ı do ? Advices please...

Hey guys ;

I play house and soulful house music.I want to buy something very portable and ı am thinking about Kontrol F1 cuz have the new traktor pro and volume faders which gets me a lot.But my hardware knowledge is very bad Thats whu just wanna ask shoul ı put some money to the Kontrol F1 ? What would you do if you were in my shoes ? ,

Thanks a lot
    Macbook Pro-Mixmeister Fusion-Traktor Pro 2-Audio 2

as an addon that could work but not enough controls to edit eq and stuff if used by itself... an X1 for track control and an F1 maybe with it would be a very cool setup - but you'd still need a soundcard.

the A&H K2 might well be what you are after... plenty of controls and built in soundcard

if it was me i'd buy the K2 anyway
    11mba / 13mbp / tsp2 / live9 / audio10 / 2x reloop rp7000gold / 2x xdj1000 / 2x d2
    maschine mk2 / x1 mk2 / z1 / f1 / midifighter / lpd8 / 2x launchpad / launchkontrol xl
    Quote Originally Posted by derschaich
    "wohoo, i'm touched, turn on the FX"

If I were you, I would Twitch.
    17" MBP:2.66Ghz i7 8Gb| Traktor Pro 2|Live 8 Suite
    Novation Twitch & LaunchPad|M-Audio Oxygen 25
    Presonus FireStudio Mobile|Shure 315's|Yamaha HS50M's
    "“beatmatching” isnt even a fucking skill as far as im concered anyway. so what, you can count to 4. cool. i had that skill down when i was 3."-deadmau5

Quote Originally Posted by SherpaPsy View Post
    If I were you, I would Twitch.
    the twitch is a very good idea... still very portable just not as small as something like the F1/X1/K2. very cool tho especially when u factor in it's use of moon dust
    11mba / 13mbp / tsp2 / live9 / audio10 / 2x reloop rp7000gold / 2x xdj1000 / 2x d2
    maschine mk2 / x1 mk2 / z1 / f1 / midifighter / lpd8 / 2x launchpad / launchkontrol xl

From Ireland Living in Manila: Philippines :D

Quote Originally Posted by zestoi View Post
    the twitch is a very good idea... still very portable just not as small as something like the F1/X1/K2. very cool tho especially when u factor in it's use of moon dust
    I thought it was fairy dust - great lil unit though, any smaller in a solo unit and I'd feel like an ass, but if i was going smaller I'd go with a K2.

Nah, in most lifestyles, you quickly learn when you start going to gigs with controllers that you just want everything to fit in a backpack, no matter how big or small it is. After that, everything is the same level of portability. Except for things like the giant ass numark controllers, pretty much any set up will fit in a backpack like this Attachment 8684.

Portability issue aside, it really depends on the way you want to spin. Something that it doesn't sound like you've taken into account yet is a sound card. You need either a dedicated soundcard that has at least two outputs, or a controller that has one built-in. Otherwise there's no way to use headphones... That being said, I'd say an all-in-one controller with a soundcard would be your best bet. If you're just going to be transitioning between two tracks... just get something cheap. A mixtrack Pro would solve all your problems for about the same price as an F1. If you want to be really mixing, heavy EQing, using effects and cue points, I'd go with something by vestax, or a Kontrol S2/S4.

Also ignore the twitchers, it doesn't sound like you have any reason to switch to Serato.... They're just biased.

The main issue is that ı want to use Traktor so ı guess twitch and the allen&heath is going.I love the k2 but x1 and f1 have traktor software inside

Why the companies doesnt make a unit which is very portable like X1,F1 and K2 which has only faders,bpm,beat maching buttons,play pause and eq knobs ? Very simple and highly portable.I wish Native İnstruments do something like that.I would definetly buy that.
    Macbook Pro-Mixmeister Fusion-Traktor Pro 2-Audio 2

Quote Originally Posted by Serkan Yerdan View Post
    The main issue is that ı want to use Traktor so ı guess twitch and the allen&heath is going.I love the k2 but x1 and f1 have traktor software inside
    with traktor now only costing 89usd it's almost free anyway. i wouldn't make that change your choice of controller. in fact that might be the only bad thing for NI with reducing their cost of traktor.

with so many licenses floating around soon - as all NI hardware will be coming with a license and it being so cheap anyway, i'm sure you'd be able to buy a license for less than 50usd from someone.

Why the companies doesnt make a unit which is very portable like X1,F1 and K2 which has only faders,bpm,beat maching buttons,play pause and eq knobs ? Very simple and highly portable.I wish Native İnstruments do something like that.I would definetly buy that.
    that's the K2 it's still cheap even if u buy traktor at it's full price...