Korg KP3

Thread: Korg KP3

Tech Wizard

Default Korg KP3

What do you guys think of using it as an external effects controller. I know a lot of those who do hardware setups with TTs like them if their mixer effects are sub-par or nonexistent,but what about you guys who use Traktor. My roommate base a KP1 and it is pretty fun, and if you know the effects well enough, it is definitely effective. So what do you think, have you used one, have you ever considered buying one?

Edit: I have also played around with the kaossilator pro before so I know how the KP3 feels and how responsive it is essentially. I thought that was a really fun device.

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by dwdbmills View Post
    What do you guys think of using it as an external effects controller. I know a lot of those who do hardware setups with TTs like them if their mixer effects are sub-par or nonexistent,but what about you guys who use Traktor. My roommate base a KP1 and it is pretty fun, and if you know the effects well enough, it is definitely effective. So what do you think, have you used one, have you ever considered buying one?

Edit: I have also played around with the kaossilator pro before so I know how the KP3 feels and how responsive it is essentially. I thought that was a really fun device.
    I have one. I've used it as an external f/x unit, and also as a controller for Traktor. I gave up on the midi side of it - mostly because I found much better options (X1, innit) that didn't need me to work out what I wanted it to do, and how to map to that.

I don't use it a lot, mostly because I don't do a lot of effecting - my usual approach is that if the tune isn't good enough to maintain interest without additional effects, it's not good enough to play.

Some of the effects are really nice. Being able to tempo sync the effects to Traktor using the midi clock out of Traktor is sweet. The built-in sampler is fun.

My mixer (Xone:62) has an aux send, but no dedicated return - this isn't a deal breaker, it's just that a dedicated send/return would make the KP3 even more versatile.

*shrugs* tl:dr - I have one, I like it for the price I paid. HTH
    2 x Technics 1200 mk5 | 2 x Pioneer CDJ-1000 mk3 | A&H Xone:62 | KRK RP5-G2 | 15" MBP | TSP | Audio8DJ | Kontrol X1 | Korg KP-3 | Korg NanoKontrol
    Beached As Breaks, Mondays 7am - 9am UK Time on NSB Radio | Podcast | Archives | Facecrack

Tech Convert

i have had my kp3 for 1 month.. it is the best. i have not taken advantage of the sampling part but i do use the effects all the time... got to kinda keep an eye on the PEAK light. red is bad. i rank it a 8.5 out of 10