Porter Robinson is a Troll! - Page 2
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Otacon View Post
    mans just speaking his mind, dont hate.
    Who was it, who said "Better to keep your mouth shut and be thought a fool than to open it and remove all doubt."
    Traktor Scratch Pro 2/Serato SL1/Ecler NUO 3.0/VCI 100 SE/2 x Technics 1210 Mk2/Sennheiser HD25 II/Novation Dicers

Tech Mentor

No trolling at all IMO. He paid some due respect, but pointed out something that has been painfully obvious to me for a while now, there is some friggen terrible dubstep out there. Don't believe it? Just spend 5 minutes on soundcloud...

Tech Guru

flavour of the month twat. No one will remember his name in 18 months time, I guess you need to milk your 15 minutes for all its worth with inflammatory comments in interviews...

I wouldn't expect a 19 year old who just graduated High-school to be into Old School Dubstep that has lots of polyrythmic/dark/ambient tones.

Just as 12 year old's listen to Justin Beiber, their musical tastes will change, or should I say "Mature" with age.

When I was younger I was into some pretty bad HardStyle (Straight up ridiculously crappy tunes), now I can't stand it and have migrated to Deep Progressive House.
    Hardware: MBA 13" i7 | NI S4 | Maschine
    Software: TSP 2.5 | Live 8 | ZebraII | Massive | FM8 | Sylenth1

Quote Originally Posted by RobotNinja View Post
    I wouldn't expect a 19 year old who just graduated High-school to be into ... their musical tastes will change, or should I say "Mature" with age.
    Seriously? I'm 19 and I love it to death. Was it really necessary to pull that bullshit age card?

I have to agree with previous posters though, he comes off as a bit pretentious in the interview, as if he's trying too hard for a "holier-than-thou" appearance. Then again, Rusko did it to when he both laid claim to creating brostep and to being above it. It's an annoying tendency among producers, from what I have read.

Now what I think is a lot more interesting and a lot trollsier are Porter Robinson's political convictions, though I do not believe they are explicitly on the record.

revision: Then again i'm 19 in my second year of college.

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by oliosky View Post
    flavour of the month twat. No one will remember his name in 18 months time, I guess you need to milk your 15 minutes for all its worth with inflammatory comments in interviews...
    The kid is 19, from the US, and has already traveled the world along side Tiesto and some other big names. He's not going anywhere.

I agree with him also. Nowadays with the way EDM can be produced so quickly, a LOT of stuff sounds the same. That can be said for all branches of EDM.

Tech Guru

keep telling yourself that. I'll refer back to this thread in 18 months time.

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by oliosky View Post
    keep telling yourself that. I'll refer back to this thread in 18 months time.
    So do you think in 18 months time he will just forget how to produce/DJ?

When you're that good at that age, the only way is up.

Quote Originally Posted by ajrindy View Post
    Was it really necessary to pull that bullshit age card?
    I'm 28 and in college with a majority of 19 year old's, the music they listen to is predominantly god-awful. But good music is in the "ear" of the beholder, so to each their own.

All's I'm saying is I'm embarrassed by some of the music I used to listen to and can laugh about it now. Nickleback anyone?
    Hardware: MBA 13" i7 | NI S4 | Maschine
    Software: TSP 2.5 | Live 8 | ZebraII | Massive | FM8 | Sylenth1

Tech Guru

Quote Originally Posted by C.Lukas1 View Post
    So do you think in 18 months time he will just forget how to produce/DJ?

When you're that good at that age, the only way is up.
    Not if you produce shit. He produces a sound that is popular with kids at the moment. 18 months time the kids will like a different sound. There is a plethora of very talented producers out there with their own niche just waiting to hit it big. Are you saying that Porter Robinson is that good that he will be able to put together anything, including new future poluar sounds, and it will be killer? Pfft, give me a break. Flash. In. The. Pan.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast