Porter Robinson is a Troll! - Page 5
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Tech Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by djelectronik View Post
    Attachment 8692

i had to make this for the occasion.
    ahahahah!!

Tech Wizard

saying that porter robinson cant talk about this because of his age is rediculous. age isn't a limitation to ones abilities or tastes. i've seen 12 year olds jammin to old school disco and 50 year olds at warped tour. in my honest opinion, old school dubstep thats mostly ambient sounds and sub bass are boring. that being said, you dont NEED 100 massive patches lined up in pretty little 8th notes to make a good song. for him to say that he doesnt like old dubstep is like any of you saying you dont like the backstreet boys. everyone has their own tastes. i also dont think hes the "flavor of the month" considering he was popular long before he became "mainstream" and will continue to be in, and out of the mainstream. i see his music thrown at undergrounds all the time. IVE played his songs and people bounce to them just as much as they might have a year ago. If he doesnt like old school subby dubstep, cool. lets not put him on blast for it considering he makes good enough music that id consider him to have a fine ear. theres nothing wrong with opinions so theres no reason to complain about someone having theirs.
    Numark Mixtrack Pro - Novation Launchpad - VDJ 7 PRO (dont hate I like VDJ) - Ableton suite 8.x.x - Thinkpad 13' Laptop

Quote Originally Posted by PeteWoods View Post
    It shouldnt matter how you make people dance, just as long as you do.
    ...that last bit is completely sig-able if anyone chooses to.

Tech Guru

If porter robinson or his tunes are being played at a night it is far from underground. Sorry to break it to you.

Tech Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by oliosky View Post
    If porter robinson or his tunes are being played at a night it is far from underground. Sorry to break it to you.
    ima have to disagree with that one. seems like a lot of people consider undergrounds to involve either glitch, hardcore, jungle, or deep house. just cuz people are playing hard electro doesnt mean somethings instantly not a UG. for me if an event's existance only goes around by word of mouth with no other marketing in a somewhat secretive area and anyone who can make it can come id say thats a modern underground
    Numark Mixtrack Pro - Novation Launchpad - VDJ 7 PRO (dont hate I like VDJ) - Ableton suite 8.x.x - Thinkpad 13' Laptop

Quote Originally Posted by DJelixeR View Post
    old school dubstep thats mostly ambient sounds and sub bass
    I usually don't say this straight out to people but you are dead wrong. It's not ambient sounds. Maybe Burial's has some ambient vocals but that's about it. There are so many interesting aspects of the production that you probably overlook because you don't enjoy it or you don't actually understand it or maybe you don't even understand production. No skin off my back but don't talk about it like you understand it when you don't. And that goes for everyone else. I could shit all over your favorite genre too but I'm not that arrogant.

Robinson obviously understands production. But by judging the types of tracks he puts out he's not into the whole UK dubstep and garage scene which means he doesn't understand it. Plenty of people like the genre, why does he have to act like an arrogant dick? Possibly because he simply is. So who gives two shits what his view is on anything?

Tech Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Shane Says View Post
    Robinson obviously understands production. But by judging the types of tracks he puts out he's not into the whole UK dubstep and garage scene which means he doesn't understand it. Plenty of people like the genre, why does he have to act like an arrogant dick? Possibly because he simply is. So who gives two shits what his view is on anything?
    Absolutely, PR clearly shows his ignorance of the UKG/UK Dubstep scene from which it all spawned.
    20+ years man & boy, working the platters that matter. D3EP DJ.

Tech Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by Shane Says View Post
    I usually don't say this straight out to people but you are dead wrong. It's not ambient sounds. Maybe Burial's has some ambient vocals but that's about it. There are so many interesting aspects of the production that you probably overlook because you don't enjoy it or you don't actually understand it or maybe you don't even understand production. No skin off my back but don't talk about it like you understand it when you don't. And that goes for everyone else. I could shit all over your favorite genre too but I'm not that arrogant.

why does not liking something instantly mean that you dont understand it> also i was talking specifically about the ambient sub bassy stuff, theres some old dubstep that i do enjoy that just has more going on in it.

Porter didnt just say "I don't like early Dubstep." He called it C-Grade production. Thats taking shots at guys like Goth Trad, Mala, Coki, ect. Which is fucked up cause those guys are awesome and make great music.
    Last edited by *Otter*; 04-06-2012 at 01:26 PM.
    Reloop TM4 : Audio6 DJ : Kontrol X1 : Traktor Pro Scratch 2 : Ultrasone DJ1 Pros : Ableton 9 : Launchpad Mini :

good music is always in the eye of the beholder. porter doesn't like early dubstep: so what?

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast