Porter Robinson is a Troll! - Page 6
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456
    Tech Mentor

Porter has dabbled in production of many genres of music. Listen to his Spitfire EP, there's electro house, dubstep, some moombahton, as well as some extremely trance-y and progressive elements in "The Seconds". His new track "Language" is also a much more progressive house track. He's demonstrated pretty well in his short time in the spotlight that he has extremely diverse production skills as well as creativity that many of the other producers in his genre have failed to demonstrate. If you think that Porter Robinson will be forgotten in 18 months I think that you will find you are going to be sorely mistaken.

I'm not defending his statements, though I do largely agree with what he says. Dubstep, in my opinion, does have more C-Grade productions than any other genres. I hear the same massive patches repeated in dubstep music CONSTANTLY, and I like the genre. I think that what he said is being misconstrued by the holier-than-thou old school dubstepper's as some kind of lack of respect for their genre, when in reality he is simply stating a fact that most of us known for quite some time...

Tech Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by *Otter* View Post
    Porter didnt just say "I don't like early Dubstep." He called it C-Grade production. Thats taking shots at guys like Goth Trad, Mala, Coki, ect. Which is fucked up cause those guys are awesome and make great music.
    eww coki
    Numark Mixtrack Pro - Novation Launchpad - VDJ 7 PRO (dont hate I like VDJ) - Ableton suite 8.x.x - Thinkpad 13' Laptop

Quote Originally Posted by PeteWoods View Post
    It shouldnt matter how you make people dance, just as long as you do.
    ...that last bit is completely sig-able if anyone chooses to.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456