Behringer DDM4000 Mixer questions.
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Tech Wizard

Default Behringer DDM4000 Mixer questions.

I am currently a NS6 user and love it btw. I have wanted to move into using a mixer and cdj's and even get my feet wet with turntables. I have been comparing prices and value then trying to decide what I am willing to spend on gear. I keep coming back to the Behringer DDM4000 for what it does and what it costs seems like a great mixer. With that said I am open to suggestion. I want something that is midi capable that is my only requirement.

With that said I also want to know if there is somewhere I can go to read about turntables and different types of CDJ's I know those are two different worlds. I don't have the cash to throw down on Pioneer's CDJ's or I would. I don't know really what to look for in a CDJ type device. And when it comes to turntables I am lost don't know what to look for. I guess I get this crazy feeling just thinking about going to the local music store and buying records...... that's my big attraction to turntables and just being able to mix using them would make me feel multifaceted. I appreciate any input.

Tech Mentor

you can check the ddm 4000 review and a few CDJ / TT reviews on www.djworx.com for starters, should give you some good iput on what to look for
    Xone 42, X1, Audio 8, Maschine mikro

Tech Wizard

Thanks for the link Ashi

I own a DDM4000 and used it for 1.5yrs gigging out. It is now my back up mixer since I upgraded to a Denon DNX1600.

I gotta tell ya. It is more bang for your buck than any mixer out there. The effects bank is just awesome!! Being able to assign it to any channel. Having full freq kill buttons next to the faders is so much more convenient when you are mixing. Being able to program settings and save em is good too. Although, you do have to load em everytime you power up. I wish Behringer found a way not to only store it, but keep the last settings used. The sound coming out is good, not great. You have XLR master and booth outs which works well in a club environment. It is also MIDI cable and fairly easy to map in Serato and VDJ. I found it to be a pain with Traktor though.

OK the bad things about it.
    The mic inputs are horrible. Feedbacks, sound is awful on a club system with high volume.
    Too many damn buttons. I think I only used like 30% of all the functions on that mixer. It can get confusing for a beginner I think.
    The headphone jack is in the middle right of the mixer. If you move to your left, the headphone cable tend to catch on the cross fader and depending on how far you move, it can move the crossfader when you don't really want to. Awful placement.
    1 Denon DNX1600, 2 Technics SL1200MKII, 1 Pioneer DDJ SX, 1 Reloop Terminal Mix2, 1 MBP running VDJ/Traktor/Serato SL/DJ
    Soundcloud
    Vimeo
    Facebook

i bought one of these just 2 months ago, attracted by it's many features and the incredibly
    low price. i spent a couple of days watching/reading many reviews and have to say i rarely
    came across any really bad ones. the headphone socket placement is mentioned a few times,
    but for me, the really important point is it's build quality. this is my first ever Behringer product
    and it will be the last. don't get me wrong, i'm having fun with it. i don't use the midi mapping
    so can't comment on any of that. the fx are ok, however a little awkward switching between
    them. but, after fairly little use (maybe 5 - 10 hours a week max) already the pots and faders
    are feeling 'less solid' than they did out of the box. i appreciate all products 'wear' eventually,
    but so soon? this is where i imagine Behringer have gained their reputation for inferior build
    on many if not all of their products.
    2 Technics 1200MK5's -- 2 CDJ 900's -- Xone DB4 -- Genelec 8040's -- Yamaha 01v (old school !!) -- SSL 1 -- Apple Mac G5

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by DJ ATX View Post
    The mic inputs are horrible. Feedbacks,
    Feedback is operator error.

i got one for sale!! JS

Tech Mentor

I have owned a DDM4000 for 2 1/2 years, best money I ever spent. I have had no problems with the build quality. When someone always says something like that I swear I think people abuse their equipment, the thing is pretty solid and can do amazing things. I use Traktor in external mode and have decks A & B on seperate channels and Decks C & D as sample decks on the same channel. I use the crossfader section and the sampler section for midi control in Traktor. The effects are really good even though the only effect I use is the echo since I have a whole array of effects in Traktor. Headphone jack placement never bothers me, the chord just hangs off the side. I say buy it, you won't regret it.

I bought one, few issues with one of the effect on/off buttons that has seemed to sort itself out! wouldnt use one in a club install but for home use they are a bargain. go for it!

I'd go for this if your budget won't stretch to a Denon / Pioneer / A&H

http://www.decks.co.uk/products/stanton/scs1m

One on eBay B-Stock for £279
    SC | MC

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast