Traktor Pro 2 Post Fader Effects
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Traktor Pro 2 Post Fader Effects

Firstly, I know different folks want different things included for Traktor, but the one thing I have always wanted to know is why there is no post fader effects in Traktor.

I know absolutely nothing about writing programs, but this seems to me to be something that could easily be set in the preference. Have an option tag; Effects POST / PRE fader.

I have read somewhere that one reason is that the majority of users want Pre fader effects, but what about those that would like the option?? Is it so hard to make the option available? Who did they ask to get this idea that users only want pre fader effects??
    I have only used Traktor Pro and Pro 2, but from what I have been able to find through searches this feature has been requested for all previous releases by someone or other.

Does anyone know the definitive answer as to why NI has always had Pre Fader Effects only?
    Last edited by Tricky; 04-05-2012 at 02:33 PM.

I cannot for the life of me fathom why ANY software (or DJ hardware - I'm looking at my DDM-4K here) has pre-fader fx.
    DJ'ing: 2x1200MK2, DJM 850, Dicers, F1, Zomo MC-1000, Sony MDR-v700, i7 Win 10 HP Envy
    Production: Ableton Live 8 and a mouse, Sennheiser HD400, Sony VAIO

Click HERE to D/L Free Tracks from Soundcloud!!!
    https://www.facebook.com/Patchdj

They are probably pre fader because 4 times out of 5 thats the way you want it. There is only a benifit when using sampling effects like delay, echo & reverb... if you want to emulate a post fader delay put the delay in advanced mode, one of the knobs is the track send, when you turn it up you kill the track input and allow the effect to fade out... Or you can probably put a gate behind the other effects, or maybe even a filter with no resonance.

It may also have to do with the way the effect units are chained in triplets, your probably better off directly asking NI support though as hey would be less likely to ignore the request.
    Why did the elephant get lost... Cause the Jungle is MASSIVE!

I've been on the NI website and on the forum there is section for feature requests, which I thought I'd ask in there for it. However there are LOADS of people asking for the same thing already, but nothing has ever come of it. It just seems so strange to me that so many people are wanting it, and it seems (to me) like a simple thing to do, but never gets added to any releases?

it should just be a mappable function that you could map to a button and easily switch back and forth at your leisure. i can tell you that pre fader effects really limit your scratching x effects creativity. it sounds hellllla wack when your delay stops when youre cutting, however this does indeed sound hellllla fresh with post fader. i agree strongly with the OP that this shouldnt be that hard to include.
    Traktor/Ableton /Komplete /MBP OSX el capitan

http://www.soundcloud.com/deejaesnafu

Tech Mentor

You can get post fader effects in traktor by using the send and return channels

Quote Originally Posted by Kaek View Post
    You can get post fader effects in traktor by using the send and return channels
    Yeah but you shouldn't have to ... this is kind of a PITA workaround for people who really need it; as others said it's a nobrainer that should be built into the software.

Sometimes I think NI like to figure out the most requested features and intentionally ignore them for years on end just for a laugh....
    "Art is what you can get away with." - Marshall McLuhan

Quote Originally Posted by Deejaesnafu View Post
    it should just be a mappable function that you could map to a button and easily switch back and forth at your leisure. i can tell you that pre fader effects really limit your scratching x effects creativity. it sounds hellllla wack when your delay stops when youre cutting, however this does indeed sound hellllla fresh with post fader. i agree strongly with the OP that this shouldnt be that hard to include.
    This is true!! The only effects I want to use post fader are the reverbs and delays.

Something I just thought of; NI could include extra effects in the effects list that are specifically named "delay post" or "reverb post". If these were listed along side the normal pre fader effects, then you could select whatever effect you wanted without having to enter the settings menu or take up another button on the controller to switch between post and pre.

How?

Tech Guru

Can someone actually explain how post fader fx work? I know that you get a nice FX trail when you put the fader down but how does it continue to create the effect?

It would seem that the best way for Traktor to achieve this effect is to create a Master FX channel or something.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast