Powered Pa system 5 speaker setup
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Powered Pa system 5 speaker setup

Way to setup a pa system however want to go with more then 2 speakers was thinking 4 12s or 15s and a sub

Want to be powered not passive anyone able to recommend best route of doing this and prefer behringer speakers due to low price point. I've googled search but can't find any good advice on this. Ideally would rather have 2 front 2 back sub up front. So will need to be able to link? Them all together.

I think if I read correctly with the behringers you can link two without using another xlr. Would be outputting from my ns6 if that makes sense?
    Or will I need an actual soundboard to output to that amount of speakers?

First of all why 4 tops and 1 sub? You probably want more subs before even thinking about more tops. You would be much better off investing in two decent subs and two decent tops- but first what kind of rooms and how many people?

As far as your other question any decent powered speakers will offer chaining where each speaker has an XLR input and output where you can link multiple speakers. Also avoid the behringers if you can (I own one currently and have owned real PA speakers in the past and there is a world of difference).

You do realize your sound stage is up front right? Not all around you.

Haha yes I realize was a theoretical situation. Was unsure if 4 speakers and 2 subs all up front but around 50ft apart or for back of hall 2 and front 2.
    4 upfront for open air and 2 front 2 back for venue use.

Btw thanks for the quick reply for the life of me couldn't remember chaining on most or not but vaguely remember. It's been over 12 years since I've done anything with pa systems

Was thinking 4 behringer euro live b212d and 2 behringer b1500dpro
    Or staring with 2 and 1 and see if I like the results I get if not expanding

Tech Mentor

What is your budget? And what kind of install is this going to be? In what kind of venue? Is it going to be used for mobile as well?

Mobile setup. budget is based on 200-400 speakers 500 - 700 sub.
    Why I was leaning towards behringer speakers I listed

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by lucidstrings View Post
    Mobile setup. budget is based on 200-400 speakers 500 - 700 sub.
    Why I was leaning towards behringer speakers I listed
    I'd recommend trying to up your budget just a little bit and go with two EV ELX112p tops and either two ELX118p subs or one or two LS801p.

Are ev's a good brand? I noticed them on the same place and they aren't too much more costly so maybe worth getting 2 and a sub to start with and see how it works

Tech Wizard

I have an old pair of EV eliminators (2 15's and 2 18's) and they absolutely crumble house foundations, I first only used a 6000 wat amp but upgraded to 10,000 later. Sounded great before but now they wreck

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast