Mixlr thoughts

Thread: Mixlr thoughts

Default Mixlr thoughts

How many of you people use it and how often do you use it

maybe once every couple weeks or so; I get lucky if there's 2-3 listeners. Mostly I just post a link here and/or on facebook. I think it would be a lot cooler if I did a regular show, then people would know when to tune in if they care to. It's cool but I'd just as soon use nicecast for these microbroadcasts. The builtin features (mixcloud, itunes, etc) are nice but they throttle everything at like 96kbps so you're better off recording your set yourself when you broadcast.
    "Art is what you can get away with." - Marshall McLuhan

DJTT Infectious Moderator photojojo's Avatar

One nice thing Mixlr has a built in listener base of sorts with notifications on certain genres. I use it, but not very often.
    Chris Jennings FHP

Podcast - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Beatport Charts - x

Quote Originally Posted by photojojo View Post
    One nice thing Mixlr has a built in listener base of sorts with notifications on certain genres. I use it, but not very often.
    Yeah this is one of the things that excited me about it when I first installed it; unfortunately the few times I've used it I don't think any of my listeners came from mixlr. But like I said if I played regularly that might make a difference.
    "Art is what you can get away with." - Marshall McLuhan

I like the fact that your listeners can stream your broadcast through almost any smartphone, since the mobile site is in HTML5.

Yeah I don't know what I feel I agree regular use would probably do good however sadly I don't have free
    Time I used to. I wonder how many actual people just use it to listen.

Well after trying it tonight appears for some reason keeps reporting low bandwidth oh the joys or rural Internet in Saskatchewan lol
    Last edited by ZxZDeViLZxZ; 04-06-2012 at 09:32 PM.