X1 Mapping Please.
    Tech Guru

Default X1 Mapping Please.

Hi Guys,

So our techtools amigo Haze convinced me to buy his old SSL box and of course I caved. I am going to try and set it up tonight and would like to use my X1. I am using a Windows 7 machine and I'll work out LED support later. Right now I'd just like something that works well. Please share if you have any cool mappings.

Thanks!

PS: My S4 is extremely sad.
    :: Kontrol Z2 :: :: Technics 1200 :: :: Pioneer DJM 250 :: Kontrol X1 MkII :: :: Maschine :: :: Kontrol S4 ::

just a though has you messed around with the LED in the control editor?
    Controllerist: Think different | SoundCloud | MixCloud | Twitter |

Tech Guru

JesC, I haven't yet, but once I have a solid mapping I'll give it a shot. I've gotta' say man, Serato is super fun. Forcing yourself to mix and not press sync really helps with stress relief. There is nothing like jumping on the decks for a 1/2 an hour to clear you mind. With the S4 I find myself wanting to make it better instead of playing music. Simple is better in this case. I even mapped pitch control to the X1 so I can mix on internal mode.

JesC, are you using any controllers? Right now I have available to me: Dicers, x1, maschine & a midifighter. It's def time to sell some stuff!
    :: Kontrol Z2 :: :: Technics 1200 :: :: Pioneer DJM 250 :: Kontrol X1 MkII :: :: Maschine :: :: Kontrol S4 ::

Tech Mentor

SSL is actually very easy to map yourself. Ive mapped both SSl and tracktor, and serato is just so much easier. If you want a good map just do it yourself that way you can have it exactly how you want it. If you rather just use somebody elses give the one NI provides a try, its a pretty good one.

Isn't there a default map in the Controller Editor s/w for Serato and an X1?
    Traktor Scratch Pro 2/Serato SL1/Ecler NUO 3.0/VCI 100 SE/2 x Technics 1210 Mk2/Sennheiser HD25 II/Novation Dicers

Quote Originally Posted by bigbeatzz View Post
    Simple is better in this case.
    Truth right there. There's something fundamentally relaxing about stepping up to the decks and matching two songs together with spinning vinyl. Hard to describe the feeling to people who haven't experienced it.

I personally use the Dicers myself with Serato (and they do a great job for what they do). But I've recently been mapping my MPKmini (which is basically the same as an LPD8 with a keyboard) to help control FX through Serato as well. Something to think about messing around with a bit if you wanted, and I imagine you could do much the same functionality with a machine (even though it may be overkill).

Fun stuff though
    BREAKBEATS AND OTHER MUSICAL ADVENTURES
    Facebook - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Mixlr - Twitter

Tech Wizard

i originally used Konix's or Kronix's off of youtube. just put in X1 Kontroller Serato and he should come up, think its about 3 vids long. he's a Serato tech guy and was also really helpful on their forums. ive managed to get it exactly how i want it now, and is a definately an essential piece of kit for me