V-Moda Crossfade LP
    Tech Wizard

Default V-Moda Crossfade LP

Hey everyone

For those of you who are on here regularly, I recently posted about weather it was worth the effort to burn in my new v-Moda's. After all the useful feedback I decided not to bother, and I'd let those who are interested know what I think of them.

Now I'm no sound expert/super dj/mega producer so my thoughts and views may be different from yours and that's fine. But so far I freakin love these cans!!

I 'upgraded' from some audio technica quiet points (got for traveling) and there is quite a difference. These are louder, much greater low end and give such a 'bigger' feel to the sound. Its taken me a little while to get used to the different sound but man is it nice. The bass feels like it could crush my skull and pulverize my brain.

So the useful stuff: they feel indestructible, great isolation and so clear. Have pumped these up to full volume and they sound as clear as I could ever imagine. Absolute winner in my book
    Traktor Kontrol S2 - Traktor Kontrol F1 - i5 iMac
    2007 MacBook - V-Moda Crossfade LP - Aiaiai TMA-1 Fool's Gold Edition

im thinking of getting these
    is there any difference between the crossfade LP1 and LP2's?

i have the audio technica ath-m50 and the sennheiser hd25's already, thinking of adding the crossfade lp's to my collection but wondering if its gonna be worth it or not

do they sound good? is the bass muddy? do they give a good representation of mids and highs? a quick look at the frequency graph shows some weak 6khz-10khz area, kinda worries me abit
    Setup:

Traktor Pro 2 / S2 MK2 / X1 MK2 / Audio6 / Pioneer HDJ2000 / Westone UM3X / rMBP 13 inch 2014 (2.8 GHz) / Focal Alpha 50

Tech Wizard

im no audio pro and i havnt listened to the audio technicas (tho they were the other headphone i was considering) but i would say they could stack up fine. The sens would have a more balanced sound but from what ive heard of my friends, the LP's are more bass heavy.

The bass is punchy, not muddy. I dont believe there is a difference between the 2 apart from colour (someone back me up?)

The reason i chose these was the price was great and they look hot. Hope i helped a little
    Traktor Kontrol S2 - Traktor Kontrol F1 - i5 iMac
    2007 MacBook - V-Moda Crossfade LP - Aiaiai TMA-1 Fool's Gold Edition

I have both the Crossfade LP's and the ATH-M50's -

My overall impression: The ATH-M50's are great to do mixes at home with, as they are extremely accurate. I love them for that. As far as the Crossfade's, a friend bought them for me and at first I really disliked the sound. Muddy on the low end. However, they are excellent to dj in clubs with as they have excellent sound isolation, are extremely comfortable, and the overemphasized low end makes them much more effective (in my opinion) in a club environment. The highs and the mids on the Crossfade's are fine, just right in my opinion. It's funny, as I had a lot of difficulty dj'ing in clubs with the ATH-M50's as they don't have great sound isolation so there is a lot of ambient noise that leaks in, and I mix in my headphones rather than through a monitor most of the time.

Banned

I've got the LPs, and they're pretty amazing.

Their design in comparatively simple and utilitarian, and every stress point is made of steel, so they feel like you couldn't possibly break them. They come with the only hardcase I've seen for a pair of headphones that I'd actually use.

People are NOT kidding about the bass... It takes a bit of adapting to for your mixing, as most of us are just not used to that much bass in our cue. It's incredible. I've never heard this much bass from something outside of the $1000 dollar range. The mid and high are in a pretty perfect range for me as well.

The cables they come with are really cool. They're wrapped in fabric, basically like braided guitar cables, so they never tangle and feel really nice.

My one complaint is the lack of swivel, but I know that's completely a personal preference.

I have them. I love them.

OP you must play your music quite loud. At 75-100% volume the bass is overwhelming. But I prefer to save my ears a bit and only play at 40-50% volume. Then the bass is there and you 'll hear the sub bass quite well but not like "OMG this bass is raping my ears OMG hurr durr !"

This is in a situation with regular listening btw, not gigs.