Back on the software. A few questions.

Default Back on the software. A few questions.

I've been sort of missing my third deck so I decided I'm going to run Traktor again after playing solely from cdjs.

1. I was on a PC but now have a Mac. I basically want to start from scratch again, but do I just go to the NI site to download the software with my current activation codes from my old PC?

2. My Mac is my primary grad school computer for engineering. I would rather not install Traktor onto the hd but was wondering if I could install in on my external where all my music is on. Possible?

I want no trace of traktor files on my Mac hd so that is why I was hoping it would run off of the external hd.

Thinks thats about it for now. Excited to run it from a pos 2gb ram Pc to a i7 8gb Mac.

Thanks guys
    CDJ400s, Ecler Nuo, XD 53
    KRK RP8sFG

1) Yeah, just go to the updates from the support section of the site, sign in and download the software
    DJTT Nu Disco Mix Train Vol 1
    beats and balearic bobs in north-west london
    iTunes podcast
    soundcloud

when i went from pc to mac i guess i was blind as i couldn't find where to download it from, so just grabbed the demo from the site and activated it using my serial number.
    11mba / 13mbp / tsp2 / live9 / audio10 / 2x reloop rp7000gold / 2x xdj1000 / 2x d2
    maschine mk2 / x1 mk2 / z1 / f1 / midifighter / lpd8 / 2x launchpad / launchkontrol xl
    Quote Originally Posted by derschaich
    "wohoo, i'm touched, turn on the FX"

Just partition your hard drive.
    Pioneer DJM 700 / Traktor Kontrol X1 / 2 x Technics SL1200MK5 / Traktor Scratch Pro 2.6.7 / Ortofon Concorde Nightclub MK1
    Audio 8 DJ / Sennheiser HD 25-1 II / Magma Traveler / IsoAcoustics ISO-L8R155 / KRK RP6 G2 / Vinyl

Not sure how you're going to avoid "no trace" of Traktor, and re-partitioning sounds a bit more intrusive than installing IMO

Partitioning is no biggie at all. The computer will have at least a 500GB hard drive. Partition off 150GB (Depending on the size of your music collection) of it and there will effectively be no trace of Traktor on the main drive. Sorted.

It's not intrusive as it will be on the same operating system on a different part of the disk.
    Pioneer DJM 700 / Traktor Kontrol X1 / 2 x Technics SL1200MK5 / Traktor Scratch Pro 2.6.7 / Ortofon Concorde Nightclub MK1
    Audio 8 DJ / Sennheiser HD 25-1 II / Magma Traveler / IsoAcoustics ISO-L8R155 / KRK RP6 G2 / Vinyl

Heck with it, I just put it on the main HD. I can live with that I guess.

Now my music collection is on my ext. HD. When I import into Traktor, does it actually import each 12mb or so song onto my main hd, in affect, using up the same amount of space on my main hd, that the tunes do on my ext HD?
    KRK RP8sFG

No, it doesn't copy the songs. They will remain on your external hard drive and will not be copied to your main HD.

Perfect. Should be in working order after this download completes then. I've been out of the Traktor scene for about half a year and busy in school. Haven't even been on the forums much but glad I came back and see you are all still here.

Thanks for the help guys.
    KRK RP8sFG