Are 2 PA's enough..???
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Are 2 PA's enough..???

I've got a gig lined up for a friends wedding on the 23rd and I don't have any speakers yet.. I do plan on getting a sub sooner or later but, I was curious how 2 pa's alone would be? I won't be playing too much dnb at this one but, I will later..
    Also, as far as brands go.. Have any of you heard much feed back on Behringer, Gemini, or Podium?
    Thanks So Much, Beetz

depends on the size of the venue, indoor or outdoor, amount of people you expect etc. generally say a 1 - 1.5 k amp with two 15" speakers and maybe a sub is heaps for house parties etc but obviously wont cut it in a gig situation. will you be in a tent or something?
    Acer E5 i7 16GB 512SSD 2TBHD ~ WIN 10 ~ TSP 2.11 ~ AUDIO 6 ~ DUAL X1s ~ DN-X1600 ~ SPECTRA ~ TWISTER ~ ATH-PRO500 MK2 ~ ZED6FX ~ AT2020

" I’m the Dude, so that’s what you call me. That or, uh His Dudeness, or uh Duder, or El Duderino, if you’re not into the whole brevity thing. "

I'm pretty sure the venue coming up will be indoors but, later I'm sure I'll be doing different settings.. I do plan on getting the JBL 518s sub and pairing it with 2-12 or 15 inch pa's.. I plan on getting powered speakers, don't want to deal with separate amps to carry around.. In the mean time, probably just for this one wedding I'm just curious if the 2 pa's without the sub will be sufficient. Just not sure if I'll be able to afford the sub in time for this one.. Also wondering about the brands.. Behringer or Gemini in particular??

How big is the planned room they are going into and how many people are attending.

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by DjBeetz View Post
    djing at a wedding on the 23rd ..... playing... dnb
    best wedding disco eva! Wonders what the Bridge and Groom would dance to?

*insert holy ghost video here*

I'm thinking there won't be over 150 people, still got to get the detalis about room size etc.. They're deffinately not gonna be picky but, I'm gonna do it up right. I'm doing this for a good friend and not going to charge anything, it is my first gig also.. As if yall couldn't tell, lol. I was just trying to get a feel if many dj's relied on 2 pa's alone. I am looking a 2-3way Mackies that will be kickass, if they're not already sold. I kind of wanted to go smaller as far as weight/size but, these will explode and will be all I should ever need. I hope they're not sold :-/..

sub is a must for about any venue if you ask me. 15"-18" sub with 8"-12" speakers. 8" is large enough by far combined with a good sub!

i can very heavily recommend HK audio lucas systems. theres alot of crap out there so test it before you buy.

Rent or buy 2 mackie SRM450s or JBL Eons and you'll be fine subs at weddings are complete overkill .

Tech Wizard

i would have to agree with darrel855.

renting is the way to go, JBL Eons are great. If you do rent them, make sure they are the black ones. The older grey ones don't quite cut it for dj shows.

they are also excellent speakers for the MC or anyone doing speeches.

i don't do weddings, never have, but i worked for a company that did conventions and small dances, and it was always just 2 eons. I friggin loved those things. tuff as nails too.

oh i think i got the original post wrong. i also agree that 2x 12" pa-speakers are enough for some random wedding. i still would like a 15" sub with 2x 8" speakers way better but if you're planning on getting an 2x12"+1x15" anyways, two speakers alone will do fine for the wedding.

and as i said: if youre planning on buyin any combination - test it before you pay. so many speakers are crap!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast