Beatmatching
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Beatmatching

Tech Mentor

Default Beatmatching

Beatmatching with just the pitch faders... I know its more technique but I think there are quite a few people out there that dont have platters on their midi controller eg. X-Session Pro and it means you have to use the pitch faders to beatmatch... any tips...

I prefer not to use the sync function in Traktor.. I want respect and foundation skills

Check out the videos on YouTube by ellaskins. He has dozens of videos on technique from the basics up to advanced. There's a neat little one about beatmatching with just the pitch faders, which he demonstrates using two little cars. It's very professional.
    Last edited by kidfromkibbly; 03-31-2008 at 06:50 AM.

Tech Wizard

One tip:

Take 2 songs and practise a lot with them.

You have to notice which song is faster and which is slower. then, move the pitch fader up/down.

You have A song playing. then you put B song. try to know if B is faster or slower than A. If it's faster, move the fader up (if up = slow). Play with pitch bend until you succeed in beatmatching. Probably that won't be stable.. the you have to correct. move the fader up a bit again if you feel the B continues being faster and play again with pitch bend and repeat again the process.

1-move the pitch fader
    2-pitch bend
    3-jump to instruction 1 being more accurate.

I hope that will be a bit useful
    Last edited by rialler; 03-31-2008 at 10:08 AM.

Tech Mentor

I found this to be quite useful as well...

http://www.recess.co.uk/html/basicmixing.html

Quote Originally Posted by kidfromkibbly View Post
    Check out the videos on YouTube by ellaskins.
    He's bloody marvellous! Great tone, no tricks, just solid DJ teaching. RECOMMENDED.

Tech Mentor

yes his sessions are great and I have watched a few already.. I will make sure to watch the pitch fader videos in particular to learn more...

is there any way the buttons for quick reply can be changed to the word quick reply as it doesnt seem to make much sense via the pic.. or I wil just get used to it and stop complaining....

Quote Originally Posted by kidfromkibbly View Post
    Check out the videos on YouTube by ellaskins. He has dozens of videos on technique from the basics up to advanced. There's a neat little one about beatmatching with just the pitch faders, which he demonstrates using two little cars. It's very professional.
    I agree Ellaskins videos are great, they are well worth checking out. Would be cool to see some controllerism in those 10 min mixes !

Tech Mentor
    Last edited by 4nT1; 04-01-2008 at 06:54 AM. Reason: updated as cannot link in YouTube vids :(

Retired DJTT Moderator DvlsAdvct's Avatar

Also, keep in mind that you can use the pitch faders and pitch bend, which is kind of like using a platter. You're still using it manually. :-)
    It's the FAQ. Read it.

My Mixes, Mashups and Rants

Divided we stand
    United we fall

nice one

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast