Traktor Upgrade

Thread: Traktor Upgrade

Tech Student

Default Traktor Upgrade

Hey guys, quick question.

My setup is Traktor Scratch Duo and I recently downloaded Scratch Pro 2 (wanted to do more). My questions is this: since I use Audio 4 is it compatible with the Scratch 2 software? During installation I was asked to choose either Audio 2, 6 or 10 as my interface and I have neither. Do I need to buy a separate audio card (6 or 10) to use TSP2? If not what card do I choose?

Thanks again.

DJTT Administrator del Ritmo padi_04's Avatar

Yes, your soundcard is compatible. Just select the Audio 4 in the preferences window and assing the I/Os manually if it doesn't show in the setup wizard.

The Audio 4 is compatible
    DJTT Nu Disco Mix Train Vol 1
    beats and balearic bobs in north-west london
    iTunes podcast
    soundcloud

Tech Student

So it doesn't matter which interface I choose in the initial installation? Just ensure I pick Audio 4 as my preference?

DJTT Administrator del Ritmo padi_04's Avatar

Exactly. The wizard is just a way to roughly set up traktor.

Tech Student

Thanks guys, set up went smoothly and everything has bee installed properly.

Now to another problem (yeah there's a part 2)

As I said, I had Traktor Scratch Duo previously and I had timecode issues, even after downloading and burning the new timecode signals onto CDs. Playing with the latency settings seemed to have alleviated the "skipping" message I kept getting somewhat but not totally eliminating it. I purchased the new MK2 timecode CDs the same time I upgraded to TSP2, hoping the problem would be fixed with the new software and CDs but it hasn't. I downloaded the latest updates and nothing seems to have worked. Scratching and stuff works fine but the audio quality makes me not want to record and upload mixes because of the constant crackling, popping and "skipping" issues.

Any fixes for this?

I have 2 Denon S1000 CD players, DN-X100 mixer.