What should i do?? - Page 3
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

A lot of people call it a "software nord." Would that be accurate?
    Lol, no.

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by botstein View Post
    Lol, no.
    Care to build on that? lol

It would be more accurate to relate it a Virus I'd say than a Nord

Its not a software nord lol, you can make virus type leads with it though.

I use Cubase for hardstyle and Ableton for house.

Both suit my workflow in a different way/genre.

Tech Mentor

Not to sound like a dumbass, which i do, but that is most definitely what i meant lmao. It's been a long day...

Tech Mentor

For my budget, which has slightly increased, and for the better of my workflow, i think i'm going to get Logic, Sylenth1, and Dune. Can't wait to try it all out!

Why Logic?

Tech Mentor

Price, only $200, suits my workflow, like, in ableton, i never used session view, i'm an apple geek, never owned anything but a mac, so i don't have to deal with a bunch of PC people, i don't use anything but a midi keyboard, and logic isn't really designed for a ton of midi controllers (not that you couldn't do so) i grew up playing around with garageband, so i already have a small finger on the pulse of it, and there were some things i didn't like about ableton live, some that i loved, but an equal amount of things about it that piss me off... But in it's entirety, i think $200 is a deal, because it leaves me with about $300+ for synths, and samples, where if i bought live suite, it's at least $450 (edu version) and then i don't have nearly as much money leftover...

Tech Mentor

Consider live for its 'live performance' aspect. I started off with live never thinking I'd use the session view and now I'm developing my live set with it. Plus it has some great dedicated controllers should you grow tired of your keyboard. I've messed about on Logic and honestly the only thing I like about it was being able to curve automation. As far as synths go, personally I like the sound sylenth puts out a little more than massive and for some reason using the faders for envelopes in sylenth are a lot more pleasing to my workflow. Although the mod matrix in massive is definitely more powerful than that of sylenth.

Also, not condoning piracy, but what would be the repercussions of using cracked software commercially? How would anybody know? FYI my copy of Live is legit, I've just wondered this before.
    mk128, maschine, oxygen25, firewire 410, ableton suite 8

Tech Mentor

Ah, see, i dj extremely traditionally, 3-4 decks, mixing, not so much mashing and stuff, though i feel i may have to adapt to that, seeing the future of dj'ing become so digitalized

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast