Buying fans on facebook, twitter, soundcloud???? - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

It can totally work. They don't have to be bot accounts, either.

Like Padi said, I'd rather have my 1400 followers than any more who won't interact at all.

Quote Originally Posted by belchman View Post
    and their own 'record label' and pr company (all of which have their own facebook pages)
    i do find it funny when so called "labels" etc only have facebook pages and haven't even bothered to buy their own web address and/or pay for some decent web design. ofc u *also* need a facebook page these days, if only for the extra social interaction, but it shouldn't be anyones *main* page...
    11mba / 13mbp / tsp2 / live9 / audio10 / 2x reloop rp7000gold / 2x xdj1000 / 2x d2
    maschine mk2 / x1 mk2 / z1 / f1 / midifighter / lpd8 / 2x launchpad / launchkontrol xl
    Quote Originally Posted by derschaich
    "wohoo, i'm touched, turn on the FX"

Quote Originally Posted by zestoi View Post
    i do find it funny when so called "labels" etc only have facebook pages and haven't even bothered to buy their own web address and/or pay for some decent web design. ofc u *also* need a facebook page these days, if only for the extra social interaction, but it shouldn't be anyones *main* page...

Why not?

Quote Originally Posted by zestoi View Post
    at least take the 25 seconds to set up a tumblr..

Quote Originally Posted by botstein View Post
    Why not?
    Simple, what happens if Facebook disappears tomorrow? That alone is reason enough to not have your ONLY web presence be a Facebook page

Quote Originally Posted by botstein View Post
    Why not?
    personally i wouldn't take a "label" seriously if all they could be assed to do was create a few free social media pages...
    11mba / 13mbp / tsp2 / live9 / audio10 / 2x reloop rp7000gold / 2x xdj1000 / 2x d2
    maschine mk2 / x1 mk2 / z1 / f1 / midifighter / lpd8 / 2x launchpad / launchkontrol xl
    Quote Originally Posted by derschaich
    "wohoo, i'm touched, turn on the FX"

I know a few people who have "bought fans". It does make them look big and well known, but there are a few problems that come with this.

a) promoters think you have a big fan base and are going to bring out lots of people to their gigs. When no one turns up for you, its going to look really bad on your part.

b) Its really easy to get caught. If you don't have any plays on your mixes, don't play big gigs and don't have a lot of friends, its going to be very obvious that your buying fans if your page has a lot of "likes"

c) you feel like crap about yourself. how could you not?
    Maschine Routine with live musicians
    http://youtu.be/ubEQZSvocto
    fb: http://www.facebook.com/djizn

i have over 1500 followers. didn't pay for any of them.
    Acer E5 i7 16GB 512SSD 2TBHD ~ WIN 10 ~ TSP 2.11 ~ AUDIO 6 ~ DUAL X1s ~ DN-X1600 ~ SPECTRA ~ TWISTER ~ ATH-PRO500 MK2 ~ ZED6FX ~ AT2020

" I’m the Dude, so that’s what you call me. That or, uh His Dudeness, or uh Duder, or El Duderino, if you’re not into the whole brevity thing. "

If you want to "buy" fans there is definitely a better way than one of these companies. Create something. IE, a mash up, a mixtape, something. Something digital. Then either buy a fan page template that lets you give this away as a free download but only to people who "Like" your page or do the research and build that template yourself. At that point you can create a Facebook Ad campaign based around geographic area and music tastes of people that you would want to target with your digital media. This ad campaign would cost you money to get in front of people and those who thought they would like to hear your stuff will "Like" your page to get it. Basically "buying" fans but also building a base of listeners who might actually come see you play if their location info on Facebook is accurate.

I don't personally do this for my DJ Page. However, I have other business presences on FB that I give stuff away in exchange for a "Like" which most people will never Unlike your page unless you spam the shit out of them. Or create ad campaigns that send them to a tab on my page that gives them something in exchange for their name and e-mail to add to my mailing list. They get e-mailed the link when they join.

Quote Originally Posted by itzsaga View Post
    If you want to "buy" fans there is definitely a better way than one of these companies. Create something. IE, a mash up, a mixtape, something. Something digital. Then either buy a fan page template that lets you give this away as a free download but only to people who "Like" your page or do the research and build that template yourself. At that point you can create a Facebook Ad campaign based around geographic area and music tastes of people that you would want to target with your digital media. This ad campaign would cost you money to get in front of people and those who thought they would like to hear your stuff will "Like" your page to get it. Basically "buying" fans but also building a base of listeners who might actually come see you play if their location info on Facebook is accurate.

I don't personally do this for my DJ Page. However, I have other business presences on FB that I give stuff away in exchange for a "Like" which most people will never Unlike your page unless you spam the shit out of them. Or create ad campaigns that send them to a tab on my page that gives them something in exchange for their name and e-mail to add to my mailing list. They get e-mailed the link when they join.
    I like this, it's a fair trade and everyone wins.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast