Glade Homegrown DJ Competition 2012 - 30min Drum & Bass Mix

Talking Glade Homegrown DJ Competition 2012 - 30min Drum & Bass Mix

What we have here is my 30min entry for this year's Glade Festival Homegrown DJ Competition, which comprises a varied selection of drum & bass heavy-hitters! This is a single-take mix, using 15 tracks that define the style I like to inject in all my mixes. This means I have jungle, liquid, deep, rollin', techy and dancefloor vibes in the mix- the perfect combo to get those festival goers up and raving! The winner will get a coveted slot at Glade 2012, and two tickets for this summer’s electronic dance music experience.

Only basic equipment set-up used for this mix: A pair of Pioneer CDJ850's and a bog-standard Kam 4 channel mixer. No effects, Tracktor, VDJ, Serato, etc, and of course no auto bpm- just my own personal skills & knowledge

Anyway, hope you enjoy the mix and please favourite it by clicking the small 'heart' button to the right of the player. The more listens and favourites I get, the chance of winning is greater.

http://i.mixcloud.com/CBNEeU
    Download version available once competition ends on April 11th.

Tracklist:
    1. Bladerunner - Feel For You
    2. Krome & Time - The Licence (Break Remix)
    3. Cain1 & Wakcutt - Night Nurse
    4. Mutt - Womack
    5. Die & Break - Grand Funk Hustle
    6. Icicle & Commix - Ultra Clean
    7. June Miller - Snapcase
    8. The Sect - Cybermen (Break remix)
    9. Enei - Moving Fast
    10. DBridge - True Romance
    11. SPY - HotSpot
    12. Bladerunner - Time Trap
    13. Spectrasoul - Reminisence
    14. Mikal - Lifts Me Up
    15. Logistics - We Are One (Nulogic Remix)

Moderator of Silly Walks Citizen_Insane's Avatar

Been meaning to listen to this one for the last week and got around to it last night, quality stuff, flowed very nicely. Keep it up man!
    Traktor Pro, VCM 600, Custom Midi Fighter, Presonus Firebox, Ultrasone DJ1 Pro
    http://soundcloud.com/citizen_insane/
    Quote Originally Posted by photojojo View Post
    All these subgenre's are like the grandchildren of disco with dubstep and D&B being the bad kids that smoke cigarettes and are in and out of jail.

"Only basic equipment set-up used for this mix: A pair of Pioneer CDJ850's and a bog-standard Kam 4 channel mixer. No effects, Tracktor, VDJ, Serato, etc, and of course no auto bpm- just my own personal skills & knowledge"

not to talk shit, but why does this seem to matter to the DnB guys so fucking much...it's track selection and pace, not how well you can beatmatch (in my opinion) beatmatching is a great skill, but it's not really relevant to how skilled a dj is anymore...anyone can learn to beatmatch with practice, it's like being able to sweep pick on a guitar (but not really nearly as difficult) if you work at it long enough you will be able to do it, but the trick is knowing what notes to play...kinda like beatmatching, it's knowing when and where to mix in and out and what tracks to play. I had to learn beatmatching on some old ass belt drive vestax decks...goes without saying that there was alot of thinking I sucked when it was the deck lol

Will check the mix out tomorrow
    My Soundcloud: Bigheadmike

Quote Originally Posted by photojojo View Post
    The whole DJ scene has been built on the backbones of people losing their warranty.
    Quote Originally Posted by Flash101uk View Post
    Mixing is a lot like farting. If you have to force it, its probably shit!

Thanks for listening Citizen Insane- glad you enjoyed the flow.

Bigheadmike- I know and agree where you're coming from- I previously said this because it's a competition and I just wanted to be honest and let people know exactly what I've done. I did have this on my mix description page at first, but decided to change the text a while ago as I realised, like yourself, that it is really not needed

Tech Mentor

Whoa, just listened to this and it's big! Nice tune selection and good flowing mix.