To sell or not to sell my Turntables...

Default To sell or not to sell my Turntables...

Hello. I'm 18. Going to Marquette University this fall for engineering. And there's no fucking way in hell I'm leaving behind certain things for DJing and Music production. But there are also some things I'm thinking about getting rid of before I migrate to Milwaukee. My TTs are Audio Technica AT-LP120s. Very nice tables, called the "technic clones". I'm hitting kind of a dilemma. If I take them with me, I #1 have to worry about space issues and where I can store them. But also, I'm going to have to buy cases for them. I looked around and its going to cost me about $200 for two cases. My question to myself is, why should I buy cases for something that I'm probably not going to use?

Backing up a bit, my current setup right now is a Hercules RMX and an APC40 with Traktor Pro 2. What I'm planning to move to eventually is an Ipad 3 running TouchOSC or lemur, and a QuNeo, most likely using ableton. I don't see TTs fitting in there. I've messed with them quite a bit and I'm ok at beatmatching two records, but...I don't see myself using them. On the other hand, I can just imagine a day when I randomly have a vinyl itch and I just want to mess with them, and I will fucking regret ever selling them.

One thing that I can justify with buying the cases is I can sell the TTs with cases and just charge more all together. Would I make about the same/more/less to selling TTs with cases or without cases?

Tell me what you think. thx.
    Ableton Live 9, Traktor, VCI-400, APC40, QuNeo, Lemur iOS

I had a situation similar to yours. My first set up had turntables in it, but because of space + just wanting to use controllers I eventually got rid of the tables. About 2 years later I had the vinyl itch and bought a new pair. In my opinion, if your going to enjoy using them once in a while (which you seem to do), then keep them.
    Maschine Routine with live musicians
    http://youtu.be/ubEQZSvocto
    fb: http://www.facebook.com/djizn

Keep them but leave them at your folks for the time being until you graduate and have a place of your own. You already have a pretty mobile set up from the looks of it so no need to sell them for cash.

just leave them at home and stick with the controllers
    CDJ 2000s + DJM 2000

Check out my Mixes : Soundcloud

Tech Mentor

Sell them man you're going to need the money at university/college lol.

Nah but seriously sell them if you want you can always buy a pair in the future but its up to you of course.

I was in the similar situation and i sold mine. I do miss them a little but i can live without

Not to sell
    "Wow! I wanna be just like your friend! Thats honestly what i told my mom and dad when i was about 11 years old...i said when i grow up i wanna dj for rich people"

Banned

keep them at your folks home.
    come back and play with you're toys.
    like legos. you get rid, then you always buy a new bucket later on in life.

i got rid of my 1200's and regretted it, but if they're tables u can buy again maybe i'd get rid of them. if i could still buy 1200's new i wouldn't care so much that i got rid of mine. there is a decent chance tho that u will want tables again one day
    11mba / 13mbp / tsp2 / live9 / audio10 / 2x reloop rp7000gold / 2x xdj1000 / 2x d2
    maschine mk2 / x1 mk2 / z1 / f1 / midifighter / lpd8 / 2x launchpad / launchkontrol xl
    Quote Originally Posted by derschaich
    "wohoo, i'm touched, turn on the FX"

If they were 1200's, I'd say keep them. But since they are decent clones, I'd say sell them and help fuel a more mobile solution.

That's honestly how I feel on the situation.
    BREAKBEATS AND OTHER MUSICAL ADVENTURES
    Facebook - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Mixlr - Twitter

Sell it all and get a Quneo+S2.
    DJ RERX (Dee-Jay-Ree-Wrecks)
    15" MacBook Pro/iPhone 4S/TouchOSC/Traktor Pro 2/Kontrol S4/Akai MPK Mini
    Soundcloud: http://soundcloud.com/d-burns420
    Beatport DJ: http://dj.beatport.com/rerx