Best record pool for hip hop from the early 2000's ???
    Tech Convert

Default Best record pool for hip hop from the early 2000's ???

Hey guys, i dont know if it is ok for me to ask this or not. But I am a member of DJcity, and while DJcity.com is great i often run into the issue of finding older rap / hip-hop (early 2000's) DJ friendly tracks. For instance if i wanted 50 cent - Disco Inferno with the outtro and intro it wouldnt be on there. So my question is, is there a better site that has older tracks with intro / outros / remixes etc? If not, how do I go about solving my issue.

Its never quite been an issue yet, but i gig im doing on saturday requests some older hip hop and rap tracks and while i do have these songs in my library they arent completely dj friendly (some not 320 kbps, and no intro).

Thank you in advanced.
    -Earl

Dunno. I thought the purpose of record pools was to distribute promotional tracks in order to try and break them into the charts and give the artists exposure, which isn't really something you'd do with 10 year old tracks.
    DJTT Nu Disco Mix Train Vol 1
    beats and balearic bobs in north-west london
    iTunes podcast
    soundcloud

Tech Convert

Quote Originally Posted by lethal_pizzle View Post
    Dunno. I thought the purpose of record pools was to distribute promotional tracks in order to try and break them into the charts and give the artists exposure, which isn't really something you'd do with 10 year old tracks.
    thats a great point... so basically what solutions am i left with to my issue? wait outside the radio station and beat up the dj for his music?

but seriously any suggestions would help. I just want to find some older tracks with the intro and outtro to add to my playlists

Tech Wizard

mymp3pool has a good "throwback" selection with some classic dance music from the 80's and 90's. Also check out 9inchremix and search in the old school genre.

you could look at these guys https://www.themixtools.com/ the only question here, are they legit for their edits of old songs.
    http://soundcloud.com/thom-b/
    2011-04-14-the-corners-of-my

KONTROL S8, 2x KONTROL D2, XONE DB4, traktor audio 10, kontrol x1, pioneer hdj 2000, software traktor scratch pro 2 & ableton suite 9