zimfella's setup
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Default zimfella's setup

A little run through from when I started to today

6730_248314615216_723220216_8150822_3428525_n.jpgfirst started with bcd300 and my sony hifi , sorry only picture I have of it.
    22480_474424870499_720390499_10869633_7031847_n.jpggot an otus and loved it
    39041_472167355897_667420897_6432829_6228140_n.jpgplaying in a cocktail bar
    1329253439334.jpggot a djtech djm101 and some Tapco s5 moniotrs with homemade production desk
    1329253439507.jpgoh yeah a nanokontrol to
    1329253439927.jpg
    1329253469827.jpgaudio2dj, kontrol x1 ,xone22 (which converted me to a A&H) with djtech cdj101's
    portable.jpgportable house party setup
    theone.jpgas of now Xone62, reloop contours and x1 with kaoss pad
    IMG110.jpglighting

sorry for shit photo's, I'm no photograher

hope you like it all enjoy
    Last edited by zimfella; 04-12-2012 at 01:04 PM.
    It's not the gear. It's how you use it.
    limitations are the source of creativity.
    If you don't practice you don't want it.

http://soundcloud.com/zimfella

A very creative combo of gear, but it's not all about the gear! Great stuff, man!
    Soundcloud:
    http://soundcloud.com/formulaoneowns

Please, check me out!

Cheers, yeah your right some of my best mixes were done just with minimum use of gear. Yeah did go through a stage of RGAS. Trying to find a nice work flow. My girlfriend is working in another country right now. she's gonna be pissed off when she sees my latest setup. supposed to be saving money. Ended up getting the xone 62 as most of the clubs around here have them and it's nice to play on something familiar when playing out

nice setup - the contours look very cool shame the photo of the cdj101's is so small - don't often see those do u still have the otus? they look very cool - but i think i'd want a spinning platter on a controller that big and really trying to replace a turntable.

maybe she won't quite remember what stuff u had before so won't realise your setup is any different?
    11mba / 13mbp / tsp2 / live9 / audio10 / 2x reloop rp7000gold / 2x xdj1000 / 2x d2
    maschine mk2 / x1 mk2 / z1 / f1 / midifighter / lpd8 / 2x launchpad / launchkontrol xl
    Quote Originally Posted by derschaich
    "wohoo, i'm touched, turn on the FX"

Quote Originally Posted by zestoi View Post
    maybe she won't quite remember what stuff u had before so won't realise your setup is any different?
    +1

It's pretty different so I'm sure she will I'll just say "oh well at least I'm not spending time in clubs chatting to chicks"

The otus is gone now, although I do miss the quality of it and the feel of the platter, did'nt matter it was'nt spinning, the pitch control bugged me a bit and also the mouse pad was a waste of space. Tried to make it an xy axis for fx but struggled and gave up.

I will try get some better pictures up of the cdj101's setup and more of my current setup.

cheers for looking n commenting.

Quote Originally Posted by zimfella View Post
    The otus is gone now, although I do miss the quality of it and the feel of the platter, did'nt matter it was'nt spinning, the pitch control bugged me a bit and also the mouse pad was a waste of space. Tried to make it an xy axis for fx but struggled and gave up.
    thw two pitch faders are odd but pretty handy for controlling two decks i guess. i always wondered why they put a mouse pad there instead of something more useful - like some extra buttons. does the mouse pad send out midi like an actual XY pad tho or is it just a mouse pad?

I will try get some better pictures up of the cdj101's setup and more of my current setup.
    cool
    11mba / 13mbp / tsp2 / live9 / audio10 / 2x reloop rp7000gold / 2x xdj1000 / 2x d2
    maschine mk2 / x1 mk2 / z1 / f1 / midifighter / lpd8 / 2x launchpad / launchkontrol xl
    Quote Originally Posted by derschaich
    "wohoo, i'm touched, turn on the FX"

Tech Wizard

Nice setup Zimfella, I am looking into almost the exact same thing, that is mixer + contours. Some questions, do you use the contour interface as your soundcard? If so how is the quality? Also, do you ever gig with the contour, it seems like it would be easy to bring one to a gig and have four decks (or probably just two for me) routed into the mixer for traktor use. Last, do you use a knob for pitch control or is it basically a sync setup?

Hi

thanks for looking

The sound card is not as fuller/warmer sounding as a NI soundcard but still perfectly good. I have no hesitation to use it publicly it's great and really loud and clear. Solid drivers to, not like all the hassle I had tryna get NI audio 2 to work on my system perfectly.

As for gigging out I have not done that with them yet as only got them recently, but it's my intention to. Just take the contours n laptop and plug into the house mixer. Job done.

there are so many buttons and knobs to map with them to personalise your playing style.

As for the pitch fader apart from the rotary knob I've mapped one of the faders using a modifier(shift) to do large changes if I need to and set the pitch between 8 or 10% or whatever works for you and it works great. I know the twitch has a rotary encoder for pitch to so it's not the only controller with it.

cheers again

nice one bro
    Acer E5 i7 16GB 512SSD 2TBHD ~ WIN 10 ~ TSP 2.11 ~ AUDIO 6 ~ DUAL X1s ~ DN-X1600 ~ SPECTRA ~ TWISTER ~ ATH-PRO500 MK2 ~ ZED6FX ~ AT2020

" I’m the Dude, so that’s what you call me. That or, uh His Dudeness, or uh Duder, or El Duderino, if you’re not into the whole brevity thing. "

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast