Producing in Ableton causing grids in traktor to become very small... HELP
    Tech Convert

Default Producing in Ableton causing grids in traktor to become very small... HELP

When i produce in Ableton and export a track in to the new traktor 2 the grids are small... Or the main grid is big and the grid underneath is small... How to make them both big?

Tech Mentor

can you big up a screen shot??
    Macbook Pro 2011 :: Xone 22 :: Technics 1200 :: Denon DNS3700 :: 2x Midifighter ::Akia MPD24 :: Kaoss Pad 2 :: Audio 6 :: KRK Rockit 5 Darkstar :: Roland Sh-101 :: Traktor Scratch Duo :: Ableton live 8

Tech Convert

Thanks for the quick reply! Yes here are my screen shots! TRAKTOR WAVE FORMS.jpg You can see the lower grid is small
    And here is the normalTRAKTOR WAVE FORM NORMAL.jpg Not sure how to fix hehe Thanks

Tech Convert

Just curious what the settings would be in Ableton for this? Because sometimes i get it right and other times its different... Sound quality is not effected but i like the visuals! hehe

Tech Mentor

looking at the jpegs it is more than likely the fact that released tracks have be mastered to push volume (sausage waveforms). You could run your tracks thru a mastering unit like T-Racks
    Macbook Pro 2011 :: Xone 22 :: Technics 1200 :: Denon DNS3700 :: 2x Midifighter ::Akia MPD24 :: Kaoss Pad 2 :: Audio 6 :: KRK Rockit 5 Darkstar :: Roland Sh-101 :: Traktor Scratch Duo :: Ableton live 8

Or send them out for mastering.

Or read about mastering and try to do it yourself (hint: just running it through T-Racks with no thought put into it will ruin it…same with basically anything else that claims to be a mastering package)

Good first step: http://tarekith.com/assets/mastering.html

Tech Convert

Thanks guys! I actually have been mastering my tracks myself using Izotope! And the grids are just fine! But when i dont use izotope, and just use ableton for mastering because i hear the program has some built in tools that can be pretty good as well... So im just messing around to see whats better and sometimes the grids are big & sometimes they are small. hehe Just curious if you new of the settings to keep them the regular big size! hehe

It could be some weird bug with Traktor's waveform rendering.

Are they peaking at about the same levels? Are they RMSing at about the same levels?

Tech Convert

Its works now! =) Traktor had an update waiting for me.. After i restarted the computer and loaded the new track it was ok! So im sure it was just a bug of some sort! I hope! So we will see if it happens again.. I know the main waveform of traktor can be small if your volume is turned down in Ableton.. But never the little grid/waveform.. So im sure it was a bug then, strange!