Multi-Functional knob?

Default Multi-Functional knob?

Is there any possible way to assign a knob... such as on a xsp to be a low eq and high eq killer?

The way I would like this to work is as such:
    -To start you would want the know at 50% or 64
    this is when the functions are completely off.

-When you turn the knob to the left and you reach 25% or 32 the EQ Low Kill button is activated. When it is above 32 it turns off.

-The high eq kill would work the same way but on the other side. When the knob is over 96 or 75% the high eq kill is activated.

The reason I want this is I have a knob on my xsp free on both deck and I would love to have another 4 buttons on the controller... But I don't. So, how if possible would I do this?

I looked through .tks files... not sure what it all ment, just some xml garble. Thanks for any help. Oh btw I use a PC.

Tech Mentor

ean was able to do this with the vci-100 se...
    i think they used a cool midi tool which was able to send different messages back and forth to the sw/midi controller

was called bomes midi translater

Yups, I hear Bento yupping about that his smart knob setup is not as desired, so he is gradually upgrading his knob setup daily.

What I hear from him too, Bomes is a good starting point.

[edit]

It is possible to map two functions to one knob. Within Ableton you are able to confiure this in the MIDI Mapping screens, Traktor however just lights up when a key is is mapped on two functions by making use of the MIDI seup Interface.

If you go through the TKS and take time to see what is mapped to what key, you will also see how you are able to map two functions to one knob/button etc.
    It's just that you have to get familiar with XML"garble".
    [/edit]
    Last edited by tekki; 06-28-2008 at 06:05 AM.
    RSTRCTD | twitter | facebook (RSTRCTD) facebook (LJ) | vimeo | pinterest | my studio | soundcloud (RSTRCTD)| soundcloud (LJ)
    -- CHECK our DEBUT (DEEP)HOUSE EP RELEASE ON BEATPORT "RSTRCTD - EXISTENCE" --

Programing midi for Trakor can be the biggest pain in the butt, Ableton midi implementation is a lot better but still far from perfect. The best way to make software do what you want for the most part is to beat it into submission with Bomes Midi Translator

Ok, I see what you guys are saying. Is Bomes windows or mac? Also, freeware or no? I have a program that I probably could manipulate (GloviePIE) into reading the knob and put if statements on the position of the knob. Then I can make it send a single midi value like note csharp0 and then that triggers the eq kill.

Bomes just recently became cross platform, but the mac version is in beta.
    The windows version is solid as a rock though

It seems the classic version is free... but lack some features. But a new problem has arise! My XSP is not working... it just says "this usb device can not be recognized". grr