DJ Music Copyrights? - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

So what ever happened with this was the SFPD held responsible for this gross over step of power?

Back when warehouse parties were common I know I heard of cords
    Getting cut. But never records getting confiscated.

These guys werent looking for pirated music they just wanted to be cunts. Taking someone's laptop is fairly serious even if on noise violations and permit violations.

Quote Originally Posted by Xonetacular View Post
    That has absolutely nothing to do with piracy. Police were busting underground or other parties for other reasons and confiscating gear- this is nothing new and has zero to do with pirated music.
    I stated that in my first post BUT it's not a far cry for the police to confiscate gear and then hold it for longer than necessary claiming they're looking for pirated software/music.
    "Walking the fine line between Stupidity and Genious" My Soundcloud ---- My Mixcloud
    MBP Retina 2015--TSP 2.10--2xDNSC5000--2xDNSC2900--2xDNSC2000--NI F1--Denon DN-X1700--HDJ2000--Stanton STR8-80--QSC K12's--Crown Amplifier--Urei Monitors

Quote Originally Posted by lucidstrings View Post
    So what ever happened with this was the SFPD held responsible for this gross over step of power?

Back when warehouse parties were common I know I heard of cords
    Getting cut. But never records getting confiscated.

These guys werent looking for pirated music they just wanted to be cunts. Taking someone's laptop is fairly serious even if on noise violations and permit violations.
    The raids eventually stopped when it was pointed out that there was one guy "leading the charge" of all the busts. He seemed to have some personal Vendetta on After Hours night life. I think the Consensus was he was trying to make a name for himself to possibly run for office or to be Captain of the Police force but the whole endeavor was shut down after lots of negative press and backlash from organized groups of SFLNC(San Francisco Late Night Coalition) Organized Ravers are a force to be reckoned with
    "Walking the fine line between Stupidity and Genious" My Soundcloud ---- My Mixcloud
    MBP Retina 2015--TSP 2.10--2xDNSC5000--2xDNSC2900--2xDNSC2000--NI F1--Denon DN-X1700--HDJ2000--Stanton STR8-80--QSC K12's--Crown Amplifier--Urei Monitors

Quote Originally Posted by SirReal View Post
    I stated that in my first post BUT it's not a far cry for the police to confiscate gear and then hold it for longer than necessary claiming they're looking for pirated software/music.
    To do what with? Having pirated music is not a crime or anything police would be involved with that is a civil matter.

Encrypt your hard drive if you're really concerned.

http://www.wired.com/threatlevel/201...onstitutional/

You won't have to decrypt it for them and most encryption methods are still safe.

Tech Guru

Or alternatively everyone could easily purchase their tunes? Sorry for the profanity, I've had a beer.

Fuck me, I've spent an absolute fortune on tunage since the early 90's which I'm not grumbling about, there was no alternative, but since switching to digital, it's soooo much cheaper. I used to easily clear £70 a week on a bag of 10 records, now I'm lucky if I spend that in a month even paying $2.99 per track for promos on Traxsource. Never has it been so good imho.
    20+ years man & boy, working the platters that matter. D3EP DJ.

Quote Originally Posted by synthet1c View Post
    There is even a database with everyone who has ever downloaded from a share site that has their i.p. address and a download log.
    joking aside and all, this is actually true... the data is quite easy to collect.

Why do you think facebook rules the online world? because it logs all the internet activity of anyone with a facebook profile...
    spidering facebook is a very easy way of getting info on people.
    11mba / 13mbp / tsp2 / live9 / audio10 / 2x reloop rp7000gold / 2x xdj1000 / 2x d2
    maschine mk2 / x1 mk2 / z1 / f1 / midifighter / lpd8 / 2x launchpad / launchkontrol xl
    Quote Originally Posted by derschaich
    "wohoo, i'm touched, turn on the FX"

don't encourage my paranoid propaganda pete... lol
    Why did the elephant get lost... Cause the Jungle is MASSIVE!

Banned

Seriously? Show me someone that could listen to and tell the difference between an mp3 that was pirated and one that was purchased on itunes and I will sell you this bridge I have over in Brooklyn.....

whoa god i hate the popo. nice links btw. I go through all of my songs that i have and make sure they're all working fine and no bad audio in them or anything, so i think that should do the trick.
    Macbook Pro 2.4 ghz, Traktor Kontrol S4, Midi Fighter Classic
    Logic Pro 9, NI Razor, NI Massive, Synlynth 1
    http://soundcloud.com/theofficialsircronus
    http://www.facebook.com/sircronusofficial

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12