Turntable flight case - how tight should it be?
    Tech Convert

Default Turntable flight case - how tight should it be?

Hey,

Just a quick question. I just bought a pair of flight cases for my Technics turntables and was wondering how tightly they should fit into the case. The case is made specifically for Technics, but in order for me to get the turntable in I need to push it quite hard. Once it's in it sits there VERY tightly - i.e. it won't move and would have a hard time falling out even if I flipped over the case!

Is this how tight the fit should be - such that the turntables literally won't move a centimetre? It makes sense for them to be very tight as they won't move at all inside the case, and once they're in I don't intend to take them out...

Thanks!
    Last edited by CocoPop; 04-13-2012 at 05:33 PM.

Yup flight cases are like women, the tighter the better ;-)

Tech Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by big traktor al View Post
    Yup flight cases are like women, the tighter the better ;-)
    you are amazing.

Thats what happens on a Friday night at home with no beer!

Tech Convert

Thanks for the reply. Sorry to labour the point, but I literally just wrecked my hands taking the table out of the case (just as a test). Took a fair bit of tugging for it to get out. Is that fine?

Tech Guru

I'm no expert. But surely that's exactly what you want? Imagine them actually being used on a flight, would you want any movement while the case is rolling/being thrown around?